“Awesome place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We loved everything about this place! The view was amazing and so were the scallops. We had a party of 10 and we all ate something different and we were all pleased! Great service, great meal, great atmosphere, and great prices. We will be going back next year.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The picture in the local travel guide is deceiving!

The restaurant is ok with a nice ocean view. The staff seems friendly when you enter the doors but that quickly fades once you sit down. We were told we could just seat ourselves any where. Our waitress (when she arrived) seemed to have an 'I really don't want to be bothered with you attitude.' No smile, just "What can I get you to drink"? When I asked about stuff on the menu, she seems to become a little irritated. The sign outside read 'All you can eat catfish and popcorn shrimp for $12.99' but once inside, we were told it was either/or not both. So my husband and I both ordered the build your own pick two which was $17.00 each. This was fine until another table was seated next to us and their waiter told them that they could get the 'All you could eat for $12.99 and switch from fish to shrimp if they like. We were a little heated because our waitress didn't give us that opposition.

Overall the food was Good but nothing special, and the wait staff could use some training. I can't see them doing a good job with a packed house!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I spent our vacation in Destin. Our first night there, we took a chance and decided to eat dinner at Gilligan's Seafood. I love fried shrimp, so that's what I ordered. The food was so delicious, and the shrimp was seasoned well. My husband ordered the fried oysters, and he said it was some of the best oysters he ever had. Our waiter was very friendly. Anything we needed, he was sure to provide us with it. I wish that I could remember his name so that he could know how great of a job he done.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Visited Destin for a week and my family wanted to stop in somewhere for some good seafood. I am not a seafood eater so I had Chicken Alfredo. The chicken that was on top was phenomenal. It had all the right spices but the noodles were not that good. Now my family, they really like seafood. They cleaned there plates, so that means it must of been good, right?! SO if you like seafood stop in, but otherwise I would probably go somewhere else.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Love Gilligans been going there for twenty years. Great atmosphere, fabulous food and friendly staff.