“ok food but great service”
Review of Gilligan's Seafood

Gilligan's Seafood
Ranked #72 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed June 7, 2014

all you can eat popcorn shrimp and fish and the wait staff was very friendly made the kids balloon hats

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We sat outside and really enjoyed the view. The hostess said you can usually see Dolphins from the deck.
I ordered all you can eat popcorn shrimp and catfish. The catfish was fantastic. Very fresh tasting. The popcorn shrimp was...well popcorn shrimp. That was my fault. I should've ordered something more special from the menu. My husband got the Gumbo and really liked it. He also ordered Shrimp Tacos and enjoyed them.
Nothing on the menu really wowed us, but the food was good.
We weren't real impressed with our waiter. He was borderline rude. I asked about the water and he got smart with me. I guess he was upset that I am not a fan of sulfur tasting water. I told him thank you every time he brought us something and he just ignored me.
Besides our waiter, it was a good restaurant. I doubt I would go back, but it was a pleasant experience.

3  Thank Leann C
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Parmesan Oysters kicked off our lunc, which were awesome. I had the catfish and my girlfriend had the fried shrimp. These dishes were pretty standard, but hit the spot. As the waiter cleared our table and prepared the bill I decided to use the restroom. I entered the restroom and noticed that the stalls were dark and only the sink area was well lit. I decided to use the facilities anyway since I had a long trip ahead of me. I had a nervous feeling as I unknowingly entered the trap that lay before me. A after closing the doo, the stall went from dimly lit to nearly pitch black. As I sat down I noticed that my balls rested in a marsh of toilet tissue and water. Food was not good enough to outweigh this experience. Looking forward to a hot shower. 2.5 stars

1  Thank lgc928
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This restaurant appears to be a hole in the wall from the outside, but it will not disappoint! The food is delicious! The crab legs and crab stuffed jumbo shrimp are, in particular, to die for! Our waiter, David, was equally great! We ordered a dozen oysters and he shucked and served us closer to 18! If you sit on the patio you get a beautiful view of the Gulf. We went to no less than 6 seafood restaurants while in Destin, and this one stole the show!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Food was good, Service was GREAT, Prices were Perfect, and the view is beautiful. Looks are deceiving from the outside.

2  Thank Gohawks1