“Gilligan's watersports”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have never been to Gilligan's restaurant, however, they also have a small rental facility (Gilligan's Watersports) for which there is no subcategory. This review is for the rental facility. This is the second year in a row I have used Gilligan's watersports to rent a jet ski for a few hours of fun in the bay, and I have yet to have a bad experience. The people at the kiosk have been friendly, patient and helpful, and the man actually working with the watercraft has been professional, kind, and easy to work with. They allow you to go out into the bay so that you can truly experience the fun of piloting a craft in the open water, and they allow you to rent for 1, 2 or 4 hours at very reasonable rates.

1  Thank Alex A

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Started going to Gilligans many years ago and my first experience was good. Since then we have gone back once every year that we vacation in Destin. This year will be the last time we go. Since that first visit, I have nothing positive to say about our dining experiences. We have brought others there hoping to recapture that good first experience, but it has not happened. The service is slow, the portions are small and the food taste like it came from the frozen food section at the Winn Dixie. I wanted this place to be as good as it once was, but it is not.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I wanted some good sea food on our visit to Destin so we drove around and found Gilligan's. As you walk in the front door it looks like a dive bar (which I'm good with if I was going in with buddies after fishing). After finding a table on the patio we watched the wait staff run around like they were confused that the place had customers. We finally received our drinks and ordered. While we waited we heard one waiter greet customers with "seat yourself, it might be awhile before we get to you". Food was disappointing, had to send a steak back because it tasted bad, almost rotten. The waiter that was so busy he wouldn’t get to the tables very fast did have enough time to go change his shirt and spend most of his time at his newest table full of girls.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

All you can eat shrimp/fish isnt great. The shrimp are tiny and fish "fillets" are more like nuggets, served w/ fries (those were good), dont keep a calorie count w/ this one as its all deep fried/battered. The stuffed shrimp plate was really good, served w/ yummy seasoned/steamed veggies. The back porch view is awesome!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The service was slow. The restaurant was filthy. The window beside the booth where we were sitting had a hole, a rotten spot that allowed pests to enter. The food was poor. My husband had crab cakes, they were processed or a poor excuse for fresh. I had the fresh catch, grooper, terrible. Please do not waste your money.