“Disappointing for a chain that has always been reliable”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #135 of 304 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American
Central Florida, Florida
“Disappointing for a chain that has always been reliable”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Well, I think this is the first time I have ever been disappointed in a Cracker Barrel. Food has always been edible and staff has always been good. Yet, this time. Only one of the two was mediocre and the other was non existent. Perhaps our waitress had another section that we didn't see, but we only saw her when we ordered and when she forgot the fries and had to bring them to us. Other then that? I had one cup of coffee, no one else around, not even other staff, to fill our coffees. We had finally had enough of not seeing anyone that my husband told us to go to the car and he would wait for the bill. He waited ten more minutes after we left the table, and still no one. He finally went up to the cashier and told them that the waitress had disappeared, but we wanted to pay so we could leave. He did express his distaste for the whole lunch, but they didn't seem to really mind. I suppose it's a not unusual looking at the other reviews...quite sad really.

Visited April 2014

fort walton, florida
“Horrible service”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I live in the area and dine here occasionally. Every time I eat here the food is always good, but the service is horrible. Just about every time I come I have to get up from the table to ask someone to refill my drink. Recently I brought my parents here and they both ordered coffee, the server sat both of their coffee cups directly in front me and stated that she could not serve them the coffee because they didn't move their menus. I'm a manager of a restaurant and this is just inappropriate behavior. There was plenty of room for the coffee cups! Again, we never got refills! Don't think I will be back! I really hope they train the staff!!!!

Visited March 2014
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Uncooked food.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Had uncooked eggs twice, white was clear first time totally not cooked and cold. Sent back after waiting forty five min for food,eggs replaced still uncooked then rest of food was cold. Plus it was not what I ordered. After all this hassle what are you supposed to do. But get up and pay for a meal you could not eat.
Well that's what we did, never eat there again and worn our neighbors not to eat there.

• Visited February 2014
Tomah, Wisconsin
“Meeting Family”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Always able to depend upon Cracker Barrel for the food, met relatives there for breakfast and weren't disappointed, the type of food expected from the restaurant, good wait staff, food hot, drinks plentiful.

Visited January 2014
Niceville, Florida
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Tried the local CB for the first and probably the last time. Waitress was pleasant but poorly trained. Food delivered quickly but I had to hunt down another server to get some jelly. I was finished with my main meal and the waitress removed my plate and all my silver ware. I still had two side dishes and a biscuit. After unsuccessfully trying to butter the biscuit I left.

• Visited January 2014