“Good famiy food but ....”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #137 of 305 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Good famiy food but ....”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Large portions, nice servers, dismal atmosphere. Very loud and food is of average quality. Inexpensive for the large portion sizes

Visited July 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“Not one of their better stores!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Went here for breakfast on a rainy morning when other plans got cancelled. It was past the morning rush, but we managed to get a server who obviously did not want to be at work. She took our drink order right away and brought my coffee and my daughter's chocolate milk - so far, so good. But then she moved off to another table without taking our order, went back to the kitchen and disappeared for sometime. When she finally came back out, she stopped at two other tables before us, including one that had just emptied which she proceeded to bus - all before she took our food order. When we finally flagged her down to place the food order, she acted like she had never seen us before. When the food came out, big surprise, the order was wrong. Another 15 minutes to try to flag her down again to get it corrected. Coffee refills were strictly for other tables with other servers, not us. When I finally got her attention to bring me more coffee, she wanted to take my plate even though I was still eating. My daughter asked for a to go box for her food and I was finished with my food when she came back, so I put my plate to the side so that she could take it and I could enjoy my last cup of coffee; however, she proceeded to grab up my spoon and just stopped herself from grabbing my coffee cup with my hand still on it. This was the worst experience I have ever had at any Cracker Barrel across the country - I will never eat at this location again when I'm in the Destin area. Another Broken Egg has better food and better service - this was a joke.

• Visited July 2012
Edinburgh
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I had seen signs for Cracker Barrel all down the interstates and had assumed the they were just another homogenised fast food chain. Well, tried this one in Destin as we were looking for something quick and it was quite decent. The beef stew had meat and veg and flavour even if the gravy was a little bit gloopy. The blt was fine and the fries were hand cut. The house salad was pretty good. Service was attentive and the manager came round all the tables to make sure everything was ok. Would eat in this chain again.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Late Breakfast, Perfect Brunch”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

When pancakes served tasted rubbery, heavy, luke-warm, and uncharacteristic of a Cracker Barrel Pancake, the manager was summoned to investigate. He, personally, removed our food, made fresh pancake batter, and grilled fresh pancakes for us. The fresh batch he personally brought to us was the "bomb", delectable, light, and delicious.

Visited June 2012
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We actually ate here twice during our visit to Destin. Our waiter was top notch. The food was amazing and everything came exactly as we ordered it. No wait time foir a table. Just a wonderful breakfast!

Visited June 2012