“great steak and service”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Restaurant Row
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Destin, FL is located at 15000 Emerald Coast Pkwy. in the Silver Shells Resort & Spa. Silver Shells property is west of Henderson Beach State Park across from the Palms of Destin Resort on the south side of Hwy. 98.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is no cheap steak place but we had a great boned in Filet - plenty big enough to share. The service was perfect and the reservation process was simple. I am sure you can get a cheaper good steak in town but we had a great time/dinner here.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have been long time Chris' diners in various locations for years. This location is the worst. My first experience was a corporate dinner where I received the most pitfull thin, grisly, overcooked filet. My companions steaks looked much better, but mine was HORRIBLE. Recently, my husband and I dined there and I had a considerable amount of my dinner I wished to have boxed. The busboy took the food from the table and returned with boxes. When I got home, I realized he had SCRAPED all of the expensive crabmeat topping from the steak. I called to complain and was offered a $25 gift certificate, which I never received. I called a few days later and the manager on duty didn't even get on the phone and had the poor receptionist relay a message that he was too busy and would have the head manager call me. NOT. Do not waste your money here. Buy some good steaks, potatoes, and spinach, along with wine and cook at home or your condo. You will save a LOT of money and not have to deal with the pretentious staff here. Will NEVER return to any of this CHAIN's restaurants.

1  Thank ndestin
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Food was excellent and the staff was great! Friendly and helpful. Lobster and filet was cooked to perfection.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our visit last week indicated that prices at Ruth's have caught, and eventually outrun the quality of the food/service. We have been going to RC since the '70s and enjoy the food, service and atmosphere, yet they seem to have not been keeping up with the times by raising prices in excess of the quality. What do we gain by paying 20-30% more for wine compared to other Destin restaurants? Our surf & turf was nothing exceptional, but was okay - not for the prices paid, though. The reason we would return would be familiarity with the brand and past satisfaction, but perhaps there is something better out there.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Love this restaurant. Ruth's food and service are always excellent, but this location stands out for its atmosphere, architecture and decor. Everything is interesting and gorgeous, including the front wine room and back patio bar. Definitely check out the newly added indoor bar--awesome midcentury modern vibe with a cozy feel. Beautifully done.

1  Thank EllaB0430