“Best NEW Bar in town!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 301 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Restaurant Row
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Destin, FL is located at 15000 Emerald Coast Pkwy. in the Silver Shells Resort & Spa. Silver Shells property is west of Henderson Beach State Park across from the Palms of Destin Resort on the south side of Hwy. 98.
Destin, Florida, United States
“Best NEW Bar in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The newest bar is THE place to be seen! It opened yesterday. The decor is beautiful but the best part is they have "happy hour" with great food and drink prices. Try the oysters Rockefeller.... to die for!!!
I will most definitely be sitting at the bar sipping my martinis, eating the food and socializing with the great people of Destin in the near future!!!

• Visited March 2013

Sugar Land, Texas
“nice 21st birthday celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I sent my daughter and her boyfriend there to celebrate his 21st birthday. They said the filet was melt in your mouth. The place was deserted but that may have been because the reservation was for 9pm. They brought the boyfriend a complimentary dessert which is always a nice touch. Both of them were tickled pink to receive such a nice dinner. My daughter said the gumbo was delicious and the Caesar salad was great as well. They do have a 3 course prix fixe menu that is affordable for a special occasion.

• Visited March 2013
Andalusia, Alabama
“VERY DISAPPOINTED!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate there on a Saturday night. The food was average, but nothing special for the price paid. It was very clean, but our bread was MOLDED!!! We brought it to our waiters attention and he brought us a new loaf, that was it. The manager never said a word about it. No "I'm sorry" or anything. So, after a almost $200 bill...needless to say, we will not be back!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank amyn79
Salisbury, Maryland USA
“Good but certainly not fabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

There was nothing wrong with the food or service, but for the money we spent, it was a super poor value. I can get a decent steak at a chain steak house, that includes sides for a quarter of the price of Ruth Chris. I won't be back.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Karenkinm
Alabama
“Average Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I had our NYE 2012 dinner here and I must say that I was not impressed. This was my first time eating at a Ruth Chris. I wasn't impressed with food or the service. We received better service from the valet then our waiter.

We started with the stuff crab mushrooms appetizer, which was good. We both ordered ribeyes and potatoes. They were OK. I guess you're paying for the sizzle when your entrees are delivered on a 500 degree plate to the table. The service we received from our waiter, Matthew, was nothing special. I cannot put my finger on it but the service we received from Matthew didn't seem genuine.

Anyway, I consider this a lesson learned. RC isn't my cup of tea. With those prices, the service and the food should be beyond exceptional.

Sidenote: While shopping at the outlet, my boyfriend made conversations with an associate in the Ralph Lauren store. He asked what we had planned for the night. My boyfriend told him we're going to the RC. The associate (and local) said the Irish pub across the street from Harbor Bay has the best steaks. We're definitely eating at the Irish pub on our next visit to Destin.

Visited January 2013