“nice server, good food, Valentine's atmosphere”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Restaurant Row
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Destin, FL is located at 15000 Emerald Coast Pkwy. in the Silver Shells Resort & Spa. Silver Shells property is west of Henderson Beach State Park across from the Palms of Destin Resort on the south side of Hwy. 98.
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We went to Ruth's for Valentine's Day dinner, food was great, we had the Valentine's Special - set menu, the server with long hair (sorry forgot your name - it was a while ago) very attentive and made great recommendations, the manager came to check on us and was really nice as well.
This is pricey restaurant so we paid a lot but it was worth it.... oh just btw... we wanted to have a coctail at the bar first because the table was not ready even though we had a reservation, they had 2 or 3 bartenders and we had to wait a long time. It was really busy, when we finally got attention of one of them he was very impatient, so I guess restaurant great but bar not so much...

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I chose to go to Ruth's while on vacation for my birthday. My sever was just not nice. I realize we all can have bad days, but this guy should not be a waiter. I expressed my disappointment to Mr. Mike [--], the general manager and he took sides with his employee and held the door open for me to leave.
That's a first for me!! Wow after spending nearly three hundred dollars and to be treated so unprofessionally. I will not only never go back but also send a copy this review to my many friends who have summer places in Destin.
Mr. [--], you screwed up.

Sincerely:

Todd A. Zimmerman ASID.

1  Thank Sophii01
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Ruth's Chris in Destin is not worth the "massive" amounts of money you have to spend there. First, if you are going there to celebrate a special occasion it is ruined by people coming in dressed in shorts and T- shirts and bringing in noisy kids. They treat this upscale restaurant like an Applebees. The steaks are very good. We had the filet mignon and it is served on a 500 degree plate in butter so that is interesting. But the side dishes are only mediocre. We had 4 steaks, 3 side dishes and one salad, 3 glasses of wine and split one dessert, which was also only OK (Everything is a la cart) which was over $375 not including tip. I am saving my money to go to Pappas Steakhouse in Dallas next time!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We ate here last night with 2 young boys and 12 yr old girl. We had reservations, and walked right in. Food was great. Waitress was perfect, even calling us by name. Beautiful decor. 6 yr old loved the sax player. Great experience

Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband and I had heard so much about the amazing steaks. First of all I'm not a real steak eater but my husband loves steak. To be nice I've grilled a better steak at home for a lot less on a George Foreman. I do have to say that we had the shrimp that the chef had done in an Asian hot spicy sauce...now that was amazing. I wished I had just ordered that for my meal. Service was good and atmosphere was very nice. I would probably go back give them another try but I would order something other than steak.