“A nice steakhouse in Destin”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Restaurant Row
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Destin, FL is located at 15000 Emerald Coast Pkwy. in the Silver Shells Resort & Spa. Silver Shells property is west of Henderson Beach State Park across from the Palms of Destin Resort on the south side of Hwy. 98.
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Ruth's Chris is a popular steakhouse chain, and while it was my wife's first time there, I've been to many with customers. Destin's Ruth's Chris has a very nice atmosphere and I experienced good service, tasty food and good prices.

My wife and I decided to visit early at 5:30p to avoid the crowds. Initially they set us at the back of the restaurant which I did not like since we were facing the (still) well lit outside which, for me, takes away the romantic steakhouse atmosphere. Once re-seated in the front area we were far more content. At around 6:00p a saxophonist began to play which added to the experience for us. The food and drinks were served promptly. We purchased a (admittedly overpriced) bottle of Bordeaux with which to enjoy our steaks. It was decanted professionally and was very nice tasting.

For food- my wife and ordered filet with shrimp and a ribeye along with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. All were very nice . While the ribeye was cooked expertly, it was not of the quality I have had at other Ruth's Chris. I did still enjoy it however, and my wife loved her entree particularly the shrimp. Now, a word on the plates; they are served at 500F, and you are forewarned about this from the restaurant. Do not touch the plates! Perhaps less obviously, mashed potatoes and other sides can become very hot when sitting the plate for a couple of minutes. I nearly burned my mouth on them!

Desert was very pleasant, we decided to go with the recommended creme brulee, and we enjoyed it greatly.

All in all a very nice establishment, and probably one of the better fine dining establishments in Destin.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

we got the ceasar salad, that was so good.. i like ceasar salad now. we went on our honeymoon, it was pricey but it was a once in a lifetime occasion, so it was worth it! the steak was delicious, as were the mashed potatoes.. and the lobster, you get the whole thing, even claws! definitly share a side, maybe two... it is a lot of food!! the saxophone player was really good too and we enjoyed the music very much. would go back for sure!

1  Thank KITTY323
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Do you want the best steak- if so this is the place, i really am not much of a steak person, but seeing we were at a steak house - I can tell you the steak melts in your mouth and is fantastic ( my mouth is watering thinking about it )
sides, i had the whipped sweet potato that was so large and it was carmalized i could have at it as s desert...
Sure you can spend a few dollars here, but if you want a great place to eat with super service this is so worth it

Reviewed January 7, 2010

Service was so very slow - they do not have enough waiters. Food was only average. Steaks were served so hot and on hot plates that you had to wait 10 minutes before you could begin eating.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

Food quality is ok,but not great. considering the prices they are charging. Even with a $50 off coupon we felt ripped off. The ribeye steak is more gristle than meat, Too many other local choices to waste money on this dog.

2  Thank DRPETE24