“Surprisingly good for a restaurant in a chain hotel.”

Seagar’s Prime Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Seagar’s Prime Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 98 East
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the Hilton at 7:30 pm looking for a meal. Did not expect to find such a nice restaurant. We did not have a reservation, but they found us a table. The service was fantastic. They had multiple waitstaff and bus staff. Our drinks were never empty. The shrimp and crab appetizer was amazing. They made the Caesar salad at our table and it was excellent. My wife had the Dover sole and it was incredible. My steak was not as good as I was expecting after the appetizers. It was very sinewy. I have had much better steaks elsewhere, but I've also had worse.
However, I split the sole with my wife and that was so good that I forgot about the steak. I would give this restaurant five stars if it wasn't for the steak but it is a solid four stars and worth checking out.

1  Thank John F

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful 5 star restaurant at the Hilton in Sandestin!!! Prime filets were our choice and they were PERFECT!! Waitstaff was very attentive with 5 people assigned to our table. Honestly, I didn't expect such a great experience but Seagars rates up there with Ruth's Chris and other prime steakhouses if not exceeding them! Great ambiance and fine decor as well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

An exquisite dining experience does not do justice to Seagar's. It is the experience you are paying for here. Live piano music, five star service, a genius Sommelier and on top of it all, they prepared fish we brought it! That's right, we had been offshore fishing and caught some red snapper. To have your fish cooked for you to order and combined with their outstanding sides was over the top. The side order of steak we had to go with our fish was fantastic. I generally come away from places like this disappointed in what I got for what I spent. This place is very expensive and worth every cent. if you are looking for an outstanding venue for that very special occassion, you cannot go wrong at Seagar's and you will not be disappointed.

It was interesting that there is probably not a wine made that the Sommelier did not know and they had a fansastic scotch selection. They went 0 for 3 on requests for fine Burbon but you can't win them all. The only thing that seemed quirky to us was having to use an iPad for the menu. I guess it is easier for them to keep a wine list current but I have not seen this before and did not expect it in a place of this calibrer. Given the outstanding quality of the food, atmosphere and service, no points are deducted. We will be back and I don't care what it costs.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The service and food are unequaled. We have never been disappointed with either. It provides a quality fine dining experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Don't let the sticker-shock of this fantastic steak-house get you down. Everything about this place is high-class and high-quality. I was fortunate enough to go on my company's tab, but if you ever want to splurge (and I mean splurge), this is the place. The Calamari and Truffle Fries are a great way to start, and my 8 oz filet was perfect.