“Good, quick dinner”

Ranked #61 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked for 24 hours around the clock. All trimmings are made fresh from scratch daily (not one freezer in the whole building). Dine In, To Go, Drive Thru, Private Dining, or Catering available.
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

BBQ was good and the cornbread muffins they bring out were to die for!!! Service was just okay , nothing spectacular. Took a while to get waited on even though we were about the only people in there and once the server came she had very little personality. Someone else on here reviewed and said that the staff seemed depressed and I would have to agree. She was friendly but that was about it. Once our order was placed the food came out very quickly . Would go back for the food but the service might just keep us away.

There are newer reviews for Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Jim 'N' Nicks has great decor and the best cheddar biscuits I've ever had! The peach tea was also a special treat. Unfortunately, the BBQ chicken sandwich I got had a huge ( and sharp!) bone in it. Even if it had been bone free the meat was bland and unremarkable. My husband ordered the $20 half rack of ribs with Mac and Cheese. Everything on his plate was average.

I would go back for appetizers and drinks but that's it.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food was expensive for what you got. My husband ordered the plate of brisket and turkey. He said it was ok, but the price was high..I ordered a baked potato only, and it came out hard as a rock. I didn't tell the waitress, because I knew we wouldn't be coming back there again to eat.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We attempted to eat at The Back Porch but the line was too long. We drove east on 98 and tired Jim 'n Nick's BBQ , it was very, very good. We had ribs, pulled pork and brisket between our family and everything was good. I also loved the coleslaw but we did not get any cheese biscuits, very disappointing since the other reviews said they were great. We will go back on our next Destin trip and will ask for the cheese biscuits.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Always enjoy Jim N Nicks. The Destin location is typical of the others we have tried. Onion Rings are really good. Very tender BBQ chicken.