“Good food, family feel”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went on a rainy Friday night in May and had no wait. Good selection on menu. Sandwich looked good. Got the pot roast, lasagna, and chili dog. All were great. Don't usually order a chilli dog but this was really good. Portions were large. Nice family place.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a great lunch, and it was typical for Callahan's. This restaurant is the most well run place in Destin, highest quality food at the lowest price. In order to understand how, just look in the kitchen and you will see the owner present from morning until close supervising and cooking each meal. How he continually turns out lunches at $7-8 and dinners at $9-15 is beyond me. The food is superb, and service equally the same. You will doing yourself a disservice if you are in Destin and do not stop here.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The food was reliably good but the service was luck of the draw. We went twice - once we had a fantastic server and once we had a server that didn't really seem to care if we were there or not. But we knew the food would be good so it didn't matter very much!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a Destin native, you collect places that you like to eat at regularly. Callahan's is one of those places. The food is almost always GOOD. Occasionally it's great, but never ... NEVER is it below my expectations. Their deli sandwiches are HUGE. Giant portions. They have the heavily breaded fries that overflow off the plates.

During snow-bird season, the service can be a little slower because the snow-birds like to pile in at the same time and demand the same exact item. :) Because it has been such a staple in Destin for so long, the waits can be a little tedious. But they are always pleasant and get your food out promptly.

Deli sandwiches are a good bet, and they often have good nightly specials. I even love their prime rib. If you still have room, try one of their desserts. Love their red velvet cake.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I decided to treat myself to a sit down lunch. I chose Callahan's because I love their Muffalotta sandwich. Delicious is all I can say! The sandwich is so big that I could only eat half and I saved the other for a late afternoon snack. The service was good. I highly recommend you try this Destin Hot Spot.