“Great break from seafood and long waits.”

Callahan's Restaurant & Deli
Ranked #29 of 305 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great break from seafood and long waits.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We tried this restaurant midway through a week long vacation. I needed a change from all the overly busy seafood places. The large portions at this southern cooking establishment did the job right. We only had a 10 minute wait and everyone left satisfied and very full.

Visited July 2012

“Great value and leave happy and stuffed”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and service. We will definitely come back. It was not busy at all. The kids menu had a lot to offer.

1 Thank KokiBear
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meat for purchase”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The condo we stay at in Destin has some grills, and one night I ran into some guys from the Louisiana bayou cookin up some incredible looking steaks. They told me they got them at Callahan's, and I had to try some myself. They sold at least NY strip, ribeyes, and bacon-wrapped filet, and I think they may have sold hamburgers as well, but don't quote me on that. On our last night, the bacon wrapped filets did not disappoint...some of the best meat I've ever had the pleasure of grilling!

1 Thank Matt B
Kentucky
“Great!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great food, large portions and good prices. Ate here twice on our last vacation. Ate stuffed pepper soup and it was great. Everything we have eaten here over the last few years has been good food. It is a nice change of pace from just seafood and steak..

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ROADTRIPO9
Austin, TX
“Good variety, CFS pretty good.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We went shortly after arriving in Destin, and it was a good selection as it had a good variety. Not everyone was happy with their food, but my chicken fried steak was pretty good. Not as good as I can get here in Austin, but pretty good. Service was good, and no one left hungry.

• Visited July 2012