“Great view, but only average food at above average prices.”

Whale's Tail At Seascape
Ranked #105 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We tried the shrimp and crab omelets. They were just ok for $11. Even with the sauces, they could have used some additional seasoning.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Overpriced, mediocre food. Super small portions. Our server was very nice, we don't fault her. Just drive a few feet further and eat at Pompano Joe's, or take a detour and go to Dewey Destin's. Just don't stop here. Not worth it.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great place to take an evening stroll along the beach and stop by to have a drink and watch the sunset.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We found out about this place from others on the beach so we were happy to try it out..We found the employees helpful and nice,the food came fast and the view of the ocean was great..Alittle over priced for the portions but I guess we paid for the view.At least the food was still good...A nice place to go but don't have great expectations , its just a restaurant on the beach..

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My mother, daughter and I had a late lunch at the Whales Tale August 4th. We each had something different. I had fish tacos with cole slaw, mom had a grilled shrimp salad, and my daughter had a cheeseburger and fries. We shared an order of broccoli and cheese bites for an appetizer. I had a couple cold beers and we all drank water. The food was good, but not great. It was served on Chinet paper plates with plastic cutlery. Our bill including tip was around $66. I thought a little pricey for a meal for 3 with only 2 beers.
The view is gorgeous. This restaurant is right on the beach so u can watch all the beach activity. The birds do try to get u to give them food. Overall, we enjoyed eating here mostly because of location and being beach front. (We don't have beach front at home) The food was just Okay so we will probably not eat here anymore this trip. We will try other places while here. But still better than me cooking!!

1  Thank SFox67550