“Best little breakfast spot.”

Whale's Tail At Seascape
Ranked #93 of 306 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
“Best little breakfast spot.”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is great. Cheap, good food. Right on the beach. Great views from the picnic tables on the deck. Totally beach casual. I would return here in a heartbeat.

“Awesome”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Ate there 4 times in two wks. Awesome. Great food, service and atmosphere. Grouper very good. People come in to eat in business clothes or straight from the beach. Everyone welcomed!

1 Thank Harrisonpage
Yakima, WA
“Not so hot”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Slow service, and fried food served asasandwich--would rather have had grilled. Was on a deck overlooking the beach.

Visited May 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Average At Best”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We arrived in Destin late on Tuesday night and needed someplace to eat. We are a family of 4, and a 4 year old and 1 year old won't wait for food. The Whale's Tale was right across the street from Seascape, so we decided to go there. I'd had breakfast burritos from there last year, but not any dinner.

The place was packed inside because it was cold and windy outside. It seemed like they didn't have enough waitpersons to handle the small crowd.

My wife had the grouper, blackened and she said it was very good. I had a shrimp casa dia, and I was not really happy with it. I had two shrimp which hadn't been deveined, and another which was practically raw! My daughters shared a popcorn shrimp and those were good.

It is a little disappointing to me to spend $15-$25 per dish to have them served on paper plates! The waiter didn't seem to be too attentive to us and I almost got the feeling that our presence was more of a hassle than a good thing for them.

The craziest thing was that right outside the door there were two prostitutes engaging an older gentleman and being waited on by the bartenders. It was pretty obvious what was going on, and I hated that my 4 year old had to be around it. Staff should take better care to keep that stuff away from their restaurant.

I'll stick to breakfast burritos...

Ballwin, MO
“Not as good as I remembered”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We used to come to Destin a lot several years ago & ate at WT often so when we returned in April we went there for breakfast one morning. They had "biscuits & gravy" which I usually love. It was more like warm milk with sausage bits poured over a biscuit. I've had much better at fast-food. On the plus side we sat on their deck with a great view of the gulf, had very good fresh juices & the service was good.

Visited April 2013