“A Whale of a Tail”

Whale's Tail At Seascape
Ranked #101 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Whale of a Tail”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Good food and good atmosphere. More of a local restaurant, the inside seating is small but the patio seating is great and over looks the ocean. My suggestion is to split the Fisherman's platter between two people. It has a great variety of mahi mahi, crab legs, fried shrimp and grouper, plus sides. They have great sweet ice tea. Service was nice, restaurant was simple. We really enjoyed our time there.

Nashville, TN
“Good breakfast on the beach”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed close to this restaurant in my most recent visit to Destin so I ate here a couple of times in the morning. Good breakfast each time. I tried the french toast and the crab meat omelette. Food was good and the view was great for breakfast. Not to many places offer breakfast service on the beach so this was an added bonus. The service was very good too although it was early and not much was going on. We came back here for a drink one afternoon and it was another pleasant experience. I recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Yuk”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've eaten here three times and never will again. The first time, my eggs and shrimp breakfast smelled fishy, but I wrote it off to smells coming upstairs from the kitchen. Big mistake. Was sick all day in the bathroom (and this was the only food I'd eaten all day, so I know it was theirs.) The other two times I ate here, after I regained my courage, the food was so-so but the worst thing is that everything is served on paper plates with plastic tablewear. Uh, no thanks. I don't even like picnics with paper/plastic much less a restaurant. It might be good for spring breakers or families spending the day on the beach, but I'll pass.

• Visited January 2013
Richmond, Michigan
“Over priced food on plate plates”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The place is small on the inside. We were seated at the only table available, which was for a party of six. We offered to move to a smaller table that opened up before our food was served but the waitresses said no need. We were served part of our meal and an outside table along with all of their food comes through the door wanting to be seated inside because of the cold weather. We were then asked to move with our food to accommodate them while they stood over us holding their food. We moved with our food and drinks to the smaller table that we had originally offered to move to, and one of our drinks spilled into our food. After asking we were brought a new appetizer and drink. All of our food and drinks came out on paper and plastic. I ordered crab legs and was given a cracking tool to break open the legs but no small fork to pull out the meat. The waitress said they only have the large plastic forks. Most of the crabmeat could not be reached and was wasted! This place looks nice and the location is great, but the wait staff should not have asked us to move after our food was served. We paid over $60.00 for two meals and an appetizer that was served on paper and plastic, with no bar beverages or desserts. NOT WORTH IT!!!!!! We couldn't wait to get out of this place and we will never go there again.

• Visited March 2013
brandon, ms
“Great little place”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We arrived in Destin middle of September, hot and tired from a long drive and unable to get into our room yet. We went to the Crab Trap just down the street from your hotel but couldn't get waited on in their outdoor bar so we drove to the Whale's Tail further down. It's right on the beach with a great view in all directions , open to the breezes coming off the water. Delicious food, perfect service. Fish is grilled and so fresh. Great way to start off our vacation. Will be our first place to go next visit down there.

• Visited September 2012