“Outdoor seating/ Great View”
Review of The Back Porch

The Back Porch
Ranked #21 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Back Porch Seafood & Oyster House has been a local favorite in Destin since 1974 serving the finest smoked tuna dip, ice-cold oysters and our famous char-grilled Amberjack. Happy Hour 3-5PM daily.
Indianapolis, IN
“Outdoor seating/ Great View”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Fun atmosphere/ right on the water. Great raw oysters and seafood gumbo. Was a little hard to find if you didn't have your GPS. Expect a wait, even if you go for an early dinner.

Visited July 2014

“Table for 10 please!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

After a long day in a pirate cruise, 4 adults and 6 kids ages 14-4, were HUNGRY! On a Friday night, only a 15 minute wait for a table of 10. Wait staff was pleasant and patient. Appetizers came quick, thank goodness and dinner about half way through! Good was excellent an plentiful! Enough to share! And if that wasnt enough, the view of the crystal blue waters of Destin is breathtaking!

1 Thank SugarlandRN
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Excellent location, food, and service!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Great lunch. A little pricey but good food, good service, good view! Probably the best meal we've had in Destin. We had the seafood platter, the angry amberjack sandwich, a child's pizza, two cokes, one beer, and key lime pie. The total was $69 plus tax and tip. Our waitress was a little presumptuous because the receipt gives you a tip breakdown on what it would be and she circled 18% and said "thanks." My husband didn't like being told what he should tip and since we normally tip over 20%, she was probably disappointed with her meager 15%. Can't blame the restaurant for that though. Very good experience :)

Kuttawa, Kentucky
“Great atmosphere and good, but average food”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Can't beat the atmosphere as you dine next to an open air window overlooking the emerald waters of the Gulf. We were there for lunch on our last day in Destin. Great table and view. Service was fast. Food arrived fast and it was hot and tasty! I'll give our little server a B+. I felt like she rushed me to take my order and I would have liked a little more time to look at the menu. She also criticized the way the person set up the table upon opening and seemed more interested in moving all the condiments in the tray to suit her. My husband had a couple dozen raw oysters which he said were very good. I had the fried shrimp with cole slaw and a twice baked potato. The shrimp (12 of them!) were good and I would rate them as the second best fried shrimp I had while in Destin. There were plenty of them though and I was super full! The twice baked potato was a little on the cool side, not cold, but not hot either. The slaw was really good. No hushpuppies came with the meal. I thought that was strange. The only option was to add them as a side. You would get 6 for an additional 2.99. I couldn't eat 6 hushpuppies and my husband doesn't like them so I opted to skip it. Would have been nice if at least one came with the meal. All in all we had a good experience and we plan to return next time we are in Destin.

• Visited July 2014
Keller, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favorite place to eat in Destin!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We love The Back Porch! We were in Destin for a week, and we ended up eating there 3 times. Their Grouper Destin was amazing! The key is to get there for an early dinner to beat the crowds and then swing by the Candy Maker next door for salt water taffy after dinner. This is hands-down our family's favorite fish place in Destin!

• Visited July 2014