“Crazy busy, but fun!”

Ranked #23 of 313 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Back Porch Seafood & Oyster House has been a local favorite in Destin since 1974 serving the finest smoked tuna dip, ice-cold oysters and our famous char-grilled Amberjack. Happy Hour 3-5PM daily.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family ( hubby & I, daughter & boyfriend) went here for our last evening in Destin. We had tried several other places ranging from ordinary to extraordinary and were looking for something casual and fun with good seafood. This place fit the bill perfectly. The food was really good, especially the fried crab claws. It was packed but we had no trouble getting a seat even though they don't take reservations. The food was at the table fast and the umbrella drinks ( I know, lol)
were tasty. All in all it was an enjoyable experience!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Been there twice with my husband during our summer vacations. Enjoyed the place,staff is friendly and food is delicious! Mush have

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Every year when we vacation in Ft. Walton Beach, we make a point to stop here on night. Fun, right on the beach spot, not overly commercial and great food. It is very casual and the perfect place to have a fried fish sandwich with hush puppies and cole slaw. I also love their corn succotash.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Go, just finished building out a new deck on the back of the restaurant. You are literally sitting on the beach... Haven't been there in years, but go. Had stuffed grouper, it was fantastic and cooked just right. My wife had a fish sandwich, grouper also, it was great. Cole Slaw was good, homemade and tasty.

Kayleigh was our server, she was great, attentive and did a good job.

If its a been a while since u have been, I recommend going again.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We make the 2.5 hour drive to Destin just to eat at The Back Porch. Celebrated my wife's birthday there this week and sat on the "porch" for lunch. The weather, view, & food were all great The staff is efficient & friendly. My wife says the food tastes better because of the view & sea breeze. Don't skip the Key Lime Pie or Sunshine Cake.