“Great view, great food”
Review of Marina Cafe

Marina Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Marina Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Experience Adult Contemporary Dining with breathtaking views of the Destin Harbor through a thirty foot window wall in the bar and waterfront dining room. Our extensive international wine collection compliments an eclectic menu of classic Creole, Mediterranean, Pan Asian and American cuisine in addition to gourmet brick oven pizza and sushi selections. Fresh local seafood and USDA prime steaks. Waterfront cocktail deck with sensational sunsets.
Atlanta
“Great view, great food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My party of 5 chose the Marina Cafe' based on the great TA ratings. We dined last Saturday night. The location was easy to find, being from out of town. The restaurant backs up to a harbor, so try to get a view. Even after dark, it is nice. I found the atmosphere, food and service wonderful. I began the meal with a pretty yummy lemon drop (see my pic) and this was followed by the scallop appetizer. Big, fat, juicy scallops garnished with peppers and onions. Can't get much better than that. I had the salmon entree' and it was excellent. A bit of a crust and topped with dill. Salmon and dill is like chocolate and raspberries - a match made in heaven. The person to my left had a filet and she gave me a bit; it was quite tasty. For desserts, we had the warm bread pudding, coconut creme pie and a dessert drink that was similar to a brandy alexander. All were fantastic!! I would definitely dine here when back in Destin.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Unprecedented greatness”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been coming to Destin, Sandestin and Seaside for years. Over the years, several of my favorite restaurants have gone downhill - NOT Marina Cafe. Wally and his staff continue to be stellar, and the food is some of THE BEST on the Gulf Coast - not to mention their menu and ambiance are AMAZING!!! This is a MUST DINE option when in the area.

2 Thank Janee H
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Treat yourself”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

When we want to do something special for dinner we choose Marina. It's beautiful setting, coupled with it's special service, always can be counted on to provide a pleasant experience. If you want a special treat for your special someone, visit the Marina Cafe.

1 Thank Dan N
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab dining on the Gulf Coast!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Florida Gulf Coast offers a family-friendly, affordable place to vacation, not always known for its high-end dining but The Marina Cafe will change your mind about that! We travel to Destin every few years and never miss going to this wonderful restaurant. Not only is the food 5-star quality, but the ambience and service are wonderful. A beautiful view of the bay and yachts...all windows so everyone has the view. This trip I enjoyed the grouper with jumbo lump crab over a tasty pesto and tomato orzo with a wonderful finishing sauce. The menu changes and always offers a variety of fresh fish and seafood as well as gourmet pizzas....all very delicious and of course fresh! The bar area is a local fave as well. Always full of local Destin business folks, featuring designer cocktails/martini's as well as regular drinks. Prices are extremely reasonable for the quality of the food. Between 5-6 pm they offer an early-bird special with buy one get one entrees...the deal of all deals! You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Nikki S
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I went to Marina Cafe for our anniversary while staying in Ft. Walton Beach area. We were beyond impressed with the service and the food was even better!! The sushi was fantastic and my husband had the BBQ chicken pizza, which he said was so good he'd fly to FL just to have it! We both highly recommend Marina Cafe and will go back the next time we are in Destin!