“Disappointing service”
Review of Marina Cafe

Marina Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Marina Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 304 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Experience Adult Contemporary Dining with breathtaking views of the Destin Harbor through a thirty foot window wall in the bar and waterfront dining room. Our extensive international wine collection compliments an eclectic menu of classic Creole, Mediterranean, Pan Asian and American cuisine in addition to gourmet brick oven pizza and sushi selections. Fresh local seafood and USDA prime steaks. Waterfront cocktail deck with sensational sunsets.
Alpharetta, GA
“Disappointing service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I wanted to like this place as it's beautiful inside and it's right on the water. My glass of wine was nice and that was really it. I ordered the creole shrimp pizza because I was not very hungry and it was extremely salty. I wanted to inform the waiter but he never came back. He took our order, our food was delivered and we never saw him again until we had to flag him down to ask him to bring us our check. We did, however have a very nice man greet us as we entered the restaurant. I may give the restaurant another try.

• Visited February 2013
HRG32541, Public Relations Manager at Marina Cafe, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I have sent you an email regarding your dining experience at Marina Cafe. I look forward to hearing from you, so that we can discuss your pizza and service.

The Marketing Team

Park Hill, Oklahoma
“Romatic”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a special occasion restaurant. The food is fresh and the chef does an excellent job. Love eating here, if you go early you can get 2 entrees for the price of one. It is a little pricey, so we try and do this.

Visited July 2012
Crestview, Florida
“Poor service, disappointing food”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Today is Valentine's Day. A busy dining day for sure. That being said, if one goes to an upscale restaurant the service and food should still be...upscale. Sadly, that was not my experience. The reservation was for 7:30. Being seated at 7:45 was understandable; it's Valentine's Day! Getting the menu and water at 8:00 is starting to push it. OK, we placed the order. We gave up drinking for Lent so alcohol was not an issue. Basically two Caesar salads, a surf and turf and a crab stuffed grouper. Simple enough? Guess again. The bread was served with the iced tea; no butter option, an olive oil dipping creation. It was fine but the waiter never came back to ask if we wanted more or if we wanted butter. The salads were served. No, are you satisfied, do you need anything, more tea...nothing. Half an hour later the entrees appeared. The salad plates were removed and the entrees were placed on the table. Her steak was overcooked, my fish was overcooked and cold. When I finally flagged the waiter down he graciously took the cold fish away and replaced it with an equally overcooked, although warm piece of I think, grouper. I ate a few pieces and threw in the towel. After an extended wait the waiter came by to see if we were satisfied. I said take it away. Another wait and he offered the dessert menu. I said no thanks, just the check. Got the check and waited ten minutes...no waiter. Not a problem. I put enough cash on the table to cover the cost of the meal and the extra $7.00 wasn't worth the wait. Was my experience worth $120.00...NO WAY. Maybe the Marina Cafe is a pleasant dining experience during the week or when it is not overly busy on a weekend. I won't know because I won't be back. Buyer beware...this was a bad experience top to bottom. There are many, many better choices in the Destin area with similar ambiance, far better service and food at a better price.

• Visited February 2013
HRG32541, Public Relations Manager at Marina Cafe, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Our marketing team at Harbor Restaurant Group is saddened to hear about your dining experience at Marina Cafe on Valentine's Day. We had an extremely busy evening, but it is no excuse for what occurred. We have sent you a message to your inbox. We would like to address this situation and have an opportunity to correct it. We look forward to speaking with you.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“First class dining”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food is plentiful and delicious. The service was outstanding. The variety of choices fantastic. The view of the bay with boating activity and sunsets make it very special. We arrived in time for the special which is from 4-6 PM: buy one meal, get the second one free!
It would be difficult for me to say which of our 4 entrees was the best as all were excellent. The wine list is extensive and the desserts, while limited, are delicious. This is a great place for a special occasion or just an evening out.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Real Gem in Destin”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This a lovely restaurant with nothing touristy about it. Beautiful interior with gorgeous views. The food was excellent (andoille crusted red fish was especially amazing), solid wine list and excellent service by Wally and his team. If you're looking for a romantic dinner for two --- skip the other touristy spots on the beach and beat a quick path here!