“Great food , great service, great scenery”
Review of Marina Cafe

Marina Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Marina Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Experience Adult Contemporary Dining with breathtaking views of the Destin Harbor through a thirty foot window wall in the bar and waterfront dining room. Our extensive international wine collection compliments an eclectic menu of classic Creole, Mediterranean, Pan Asian and American cuisine in addition to gourmet brick oven pizza and sushi selections. Fresh local seafood and USDA prime steaks. Waterfront cocktail deck with sensational sunsets.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Still one of the best restaurants in Destin in my opinion. The view out onto Destin harbor is spectacular. The food is great, if a little expensive. However, for locals and tourists alike who prefer early dining as I do, they have an early bird special before six for most of the menu which is BOGO. I would call and check first, but that makes a wonderful evening out for a reasonable price.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was once the best restaurant in Destin, but it has slipped a great deal. In October we took a group for a business meal and were really disappointed. The seafood was not fresh and tasted like frozen fish sticks.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

As others have said, Marina Cafe offers a BOGO early bird between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. That was a draw along with being able to dine with a view of the harbor. Upon entering, you immediately feel a wonderful ambience. Large beautiful bar area. Intimate feeling dining room. (Large outdoor dining area for nice weather.) Maitre'd was a charmer, making me feel comfortable in my REALLY casual attire.

Our waiter, Michael, did an excellent job taking the time to acquaint us with the menu since we had not been there before. He struck a nice balance between being a personable addition to the dining experience as well as an inobtrusive presence while serving. It seemed other waiters were likely of the same caliber.

The pan seared andouille custed redfish with cayenne butter was outstanding. As Michael described it, it is a Cajun-inspired, really well-seasoned, but not spicy, preparation. The group with a crabmeat crust is a delicious selection for those preferring a more mild entree. Probably the only things keeping me from giving this a 5 star review (I'd go 4.5 if it was allowed here) was that while the calamari appetizer was good and a generous portion, the presentation was nothing special. And the salads, for their prices ($8 to $9), were good but not to die for. One mixed drink, one iced tea, one appetizer, two salads, two entrees (one of which was free) ran about $95 with tip

We would definitely return for another enjoyable evening.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our first time in Destin and lucked into Marina Cafe. Not only was our seafood delicious, but the waiters were attentive and knowledgable. I had grouper the first evening and scallops the next night. Both were wonderful. Sitting by the window overlooking the water made the evening even better. Having been seated between 5 and 6, we were fortunate to receive the second meal free, which made a fantastic value! We would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Like the title says, this is one of the best restaurants in Destin and has been for a long while. The food is usually very good although sometimes when the primary chef isn't in the kitchen, it can be noticed. Wally the maitre'd (and part owner) runs the dining room like a NY professional although for some reason the last time I was there I had a slow, surly waiter. Still, that was highly unusual. The food was fantastic. Also, the bartenders are actually trained and knowledgeable. Martini's are the best in Destin though I haven't tried the sweet ones. The food is Continental/American but with some really nice fresh seafood as well. I recommend it for foodies. Also, the little pizza's are delicious.