“Another great meal!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to return to Fudpucker's for lunch and I'm glad that I did. As usual the staff were all very friendly and knowledgeable. I ordered the "Seafud Platter" which consisted of fried fish, fried shrimp, crab balls, hush-puppies and a soup or gumbo. Since I don't eat soup or gumbo I asked if I could swap that out for coleslaw and was graciously allowed to do so. I'm real picky about my coleslaw and I don't like it with heavy sauce or if its too sweet but that was not a problem at Fud's - the coleslaw was perfect. My waitress told me about their signature desert which is Key Lime pie, she didn't do a heavy sell or anything like that though. I tried the Key Lime pie and it was delicious! After moving back to the area, I've now eaten at Fudpucker's several times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Being a local to the area I have located several restaurants that I would say are just for tourists looking for something different. Fudpucker's is one of those places that remind me of a large billboard trying to get people into the restaurant. A plus is seeing a lot of small alligators in the area outside the restaurant.

The last time I was there we ordered some fried pickles for an appetizer and they were very greasy, but tasty. The drinks are great and they have quite a variety of specialty drinks that are Fudpucker's signatures, but nothing you couldn't get elsewhere. The entree I had on my most recent visit was the Crab Cakes and they seemed quite dry and weren't as tasty as some crab cakes I have had at other area restaurants. While the cakes were large, they just seemed as if they were either frozen or premade.

The service is quite good though and the atmosphere of the restaurant is fun and inviting and make it a decent place for kids. They even have a small playground outside for the children to play on.

While I enjoy Fudpucker's atmosphere, I must say that if your are looking for good seafood, other area restaurants may be a better choice as I have never had any food that didn't surpass an average rating.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Good food--along the lines of a family friendly chain, yet focused on seafood. Very friendly and efficient service. Fun gift shop to browse. Definitely visit Alligator Beach and get your picture taken with a baby gator! That made the evening!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

the server totally lied and said that her favorite dish was the stuffed shrimp. Oh my it was nasty. and cover in grease!!!! the crab that it was "stuffed" with was not even fully cooked. my potato had been sitting in a hot box for hours because it was almost dark brown on the inside. they did replace it but it should have been checked before it left the kitchen. The "live alligators" are a joke. I see more action watching Swamp People on the History Channel. DO NOT GO HEAR! IT"S A WASTE OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!

Fudpuckers, Guest Relations Manager at Fudpucker's Beachside Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

We have contacted this guest and apologized she did not enjoy her visit. Personal preference from the server is not a lie, it's a preference. The stuffed shrimp is very popular with staff and diners alike.

We are happy the server acted appropriately in getting a new potato. The potato had not sat in a "hot box" as stated. Just like at home, every now and then we get a bad potato. The potatoes are not thoroughly split open in an effort to retain the heat. I will discuss this with the manager to see if the policy warrants changing.

Regarding the alligator exhibit, it is just that - an exhibit. We're more like a gator nursery. We try to provide a natural habitat while educating the public about these unique creatures. Reality shows, like Swamp People, are edited to maximize the entertainment value for the viewer. They are not going to show gators sunning themselves, as that would make for boring television and low ratings.

Again, we regret this guest did not enjoy her visit.

Deede Wayne
Guest Relations
Fudpuckers

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great food in a colorful and quirky atmosphere. You can feed the alligators or shop in the gift shop that has some unique items. Overall a great place for food and fun.