“Delicious, but certainly not the best.”

The Crab Trap Destin
Ranked #25 of 309 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tucked away on Florida's Scenic Highway 98, The Crab Trap Destin is a staple in the lives of both tourist and locals. With unparalleled views of the snowy white beaches of the Emerald Coast, The Crab Trap offers a wide variety of menu options including Fresh Seafood, signature Hot Crab Dip and She Crab Soup and daily specials ranging from Bronzed Grouper or Grilled Filet to Alaskan Crab Legs. Have picky eaters to please? The Crab Trap is ready for you with a menu just for kids, crayons, a special treat they get to keep. The Crab Trap Destin is the original Gulf front seafood restaurant. Located at James Lee Park, this busy beach side establishment is perfect for any occasion. Groups of friends, date night, lunch after a day at the beach or just out to catch a game at the tiki bar, you will find exactly what you want at The Crab Trap. Open air windows, sun bleached wood, local art and hand carved sea side sculptures; The Crab Trap Destin will quickly become a family tradition.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Food was good, but I can get cheaper elsewhere. Had I wait a bit to get refills and the portions were small. The Key Lime Pie was the only dessert and for $6 I got a very small slice. The crust and whipped topping were store bought and the filling didn't even taste homemade.

I will not be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,676)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The view is great and I'm pretty sure they have remodeled since we were here 2 years ago. The spicy island fried shrimp appetizer was excellent. My husband loved the Cajun chicken pasta. He says, "it was AWSOME". I enjoyed the king crab legs at $45.00. My daughters food came in a little beach bucket with a shovel that she though was the coolest thing ever in a restaurant. The meal was $93.00 with no alcohol or tip included. Could have been a lot cheaper if I had chooses something besides king crab. We will return!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stopped by for lunch along the Gulf. The view was great! My wife and I each had a lunch special. and I had the 29 cent gumbo too. The food was very good, especially the gumbo.

1  Thank 54603Travelers
Reviewed February 20, 2014

During a recent vacation in Destin we had lunch at the Crab Trap. I enjoyed the ocean view and friendly staff. My husband and I each ordered a lunch special. Paul had a 29 cent cup of gumbo and grouper. I had the drab cakes. Each order came with two sides. The food was good and we had fast service. Nice spot for a winter lunch.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner. The food was good. Although a little on the pricey side. Our waitress was very good and very pleasant.