“Food was average and expensive”

The Crab Trap Destin
Ranked #26 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tucked away on Florida's Scenic Highway 98, The Crab Trap Destin is a staple in the lives of both tourist and locals. With unparalleled views of the snowy white beaches of the Emerald Coast, The Crab Trap offers a wide variety of menu options including Fresh Seafood, signature Hot Crab Dip and She Crab Soup and daily specials ranging from Bronzed Grouper or Grilled Filet to Alaskan Crab Legs. Have picky eaters to please? The Crab Trap is ready for you with a menu just for kids, crayons, a special treat they get to keep. The Crab Trap Destin is the original Gulf front seafood restaurant. Located at James Lee Park, this busy beach side establishment is perfect for any occasion. Groups of friends, date night, lunch after a day at the beach or just out to catch a game at the tiki bar, you will find exactly what you want at The Crab Trap. Open air windows, sun bleached wood, local art and hand carved sea side sculptures; The Crab Trap Destin will quickly become a family tradition.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have eaten there several times in the past, and the food has always been just okay. Tourist food with a view. We went the other night, off-season and were the only ones in the room we were seated in. They seated us at a long table with seating for 12 and there were only two of us, and every other table was available. I had the Mahi with crab and shrimp topping, the fish smelled very fishy, and this is the Gulf area where we have huge shrimp, they put frozen popcorn shrimp on the mahi, and there was no crab detected. My husband had a fried platter which was good. The main reason for the low rating is that the dinner in a casual restaurant, off season with average food was eighty dollars with no alcoholic beverages. We had a crab claw appetizer (small) with ten crab claws and two iced teas. It was way too expensive, there are other places with better fare (like Pompano Joes) with food that is better.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

As the Fort Walton restaurant the beach is right there. It makes for a pleasent dining experience no matter what time of day. Parking is somewhat tight and sometimes there are no spaces available in the restaurants parking lot. Foods and service has been good in both businesses. Being from Delaware, I always like to order the blue crab claws (broiled) as a appetizer which cost approximetly $9. Then the entree will be some sort of beef dish for about $17. Fun!

1  Thank Kirk F
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

New years eve dinner- looking for something low key and found the place oh so disappointing. Place was mostly empty but they seated us in the furthest table next to the service area. Which they proceeded to hose down (yes, full spray hose) while we were eating. Food was awful. With the side veggies being the best thing on the plate. No amount of beach or beer (served in plastic cups) could have saved this meal.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My two sons and I had dinner last night. I had a ribeye steak that was amazing; not what I expected from a seafood restaurant. The service was prompt and friendly. Looking forward to Thursday night when we return.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I went on a Friday evening for dinner. Upon entering the retaurant we were greeted y the Hostess who immediately seated us in a part of the restaurant where there were tables for eight only set up. There was nothing on the tables and the room was large with garage doors they open during warm days for people to have lunch. We were the only people in the room for the entire night. We still don't know why. The meal was okay, but we felt unwelcome and uneasy sitting in this large room , just the two of us. Would I go back, no way afte this incident. When I asked the waitress why we were seated in the room alone her response was they had to take turns sitting people at Waitress assigned stations. I would think they would care more about having customers and having them come back.