“Hidden Local Gem”

Ranked #228 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout
Description: Are you hungry for some Pad Thai tonight? Do you think some Tom Yum Goong might spice up your date? If you’re longing for some fine Thai Food dining from the best Thai restaurant on the Emerald Coast!, Noonie'sThai Cafe may just be the restaurant for you! Offering authentic Thai cuisine and catering in an authentic casual Thai dining atmosphere.
Destin, Florida
“Hidden Local Gem”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

It's not fancy and it's a bit tucked away in old Destin, but once you get in and order you'll be pleasantly surprised. Plenty of parking and easy in/out off of Hwy. 98. Lots of locals show up for lunch ($7 special) and the take-out is super convenient when you're in a rush to get home. I eat at a lot of Thai and Vietnamese restaurants and find all the dishes fresh and appetizing. The husband and wife team have their routine down pat... husband serves and wife cooks. Service was prompt, friendly and unobtrusive. Appetizers and entrees were served promptly (without being rushed), hot and delicious. I appreciate being able to specify heat "mild" "medium" "hot" on each dish... and the heat is true to order (when I order medium I get a true medium). I particularly like their fresh spring rolls, Thai beef salad, and Pad Thai.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Eric_Hanson850

Little Rock
“Vacation”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We found this place on accident but it was one of the best local places, great food all hand made and was awesome. Got great tips on other local places to visit.

• Visited September 2013
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Delicious and fresh!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with our delicious meals here at Noonie's and were impressed with the friendly husband and wife team running the whole show. We had the red curry and the pad thai and both dishes were very tasty. They add their own twist so it's not your 100% traditional thai flavors but it was delicious and they'll make it exactly how you like it. Very casual, charming hole in the wall vibe and we look forward to going back!

• Visited August 2013
Destin, Florida
“Go for the Mango Dessert, but skip the rest”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've eaten at Noonie's twice (Feb. and July) and I really tried to like it and to overlook the problems, but I just can't. I've eaten in Thai restaurants for years in Orlando and Ft.Lauderdale, as well as in the home of Thai friends. The food at Noonie's has way less fresh vegetables, smaller portions, and the husband/co-owner of the establishment does not have a good "tableside manner". We will never eat there again. It is not nearly as good as ANY other Thai meal I've ever had. The flavorings (i.e. sauce, or soup base) were very one note, and it just seemed in general like the cook is leaving things out, or maybe these recipes are from a different part of Thailand, and not the part that has all the better cuisine which most Thai restaurants prepare. However, the Mango Sticky Rice dessert was a nice treat which I haven't had since visiting our favorite restaurant in Vero Beach, Fl.

• Visited July 2013
Destin, Florida, United States
“Luke and Noonie are awesome!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I met the owners while I was at work and they told me about their thai restaurant. My fiance loves all kinds of asian cuisine so I said we would stop in one day. We went in for our first time in February, and have gone at least once a week since then. Most weeks we go twice! The food is delicious. It's cheap. I usually leave a tip for as much as my food, because Luke (owner/server) is so awesome and attentive. There are tons of regular customers that come back over and over because it is so awesome there!

They cater special events too! We are having them cater our wedding because we love this place so much!

They now have outside seating, open mic, and live music. They serve beer and liquor now too. We love this place so much. I tell as many people as I can about Noonie's. You will not be disappointed by this place!

• Visited February 2013