“Plan to share portions are huge”

Crab Island Cantina
Ranked #11 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy the fresh flavors of traditional Latin favorites, tasty steaks, fresh gulf seafood with the best view of the Destin Harbor and an unrivaled sunset daily. Award winning fajitas, Lobster & shrimp mac & cheese, Seafood Crab & Lobster Boil, Mexican street tacos, Award winning gumbo and Black Angus steaks makes for a mouthwatering menu all can enjoy. If your in the mood for Burgers, visit Charlie's Burger Bar or visit Carlito's Deli for some of the best subs and sandwiches you'll ever have, both located inside the Crab Island Cantina Complex. Lunch and dinner are served daily, as well as a Sunday brunch with bottomless Margarita's, Mimosas and Bloody Mary's from 10am to 3pm.
Winchester, Virginia
“Plan to share portions are huge”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

A good mexican restraurant for the area. Beware the Harborwalk area is full of tourists and parking is a challenge so if you find a spot you should eat here. This place caters to tourists not locals. The food was quick and good. You can easily plan to share. Great outside seating availabe.

“Good View, that's it.”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Went in around 5 before the dinner rush. Had 3 adults and a child with us. I personally ordered the chicken nachos, it was burnt and there was a serious lack of flavor in the dish. My son(2 years old) got the chicken fingers, it was 7.99 for 3 strips that tasted like stale mccdonalds chicken nuggets. The server had a bit of an attitude to the whole night and we were constantly waiting for our drinks to be refilled. End of story $90 for 3 entrees and a kids meal that was the worst dining experience I've ever had!

Destin, Florida
“Wings, Ritas & Rosalie!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stopped at the bar to grab a fresh Margarita, enjoy the view and order some wings --- the view was breath-taking! Nice breeze coming in off the water... and a fabulous Bartender!! Rosalie was such a breath of fresh air for me! So happy, cheerful and attentive to me while I was waiting on my wings. The wings were unbelievably delicious!! Loved the dipping sauce with them!! Fresh carrots and celery were a plus! Yes, was a nice break for me. And Rosalie topped off my day with her positive spirit, personality and conversation!

• Visited July 2014
“I would rate this place as "Good" but there's not an option here. Taste great, but needs improvement in service ”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I came here for dinner while vacationing with the family. The service was a bit slow, even though they were busy, but I don't believe on slow service over a busy shift. I ordered for an appetizer a gumbo soup, but they ran out of something that they needed it to prepare the dish. (No restaurant should ever run out of anything ever. That's poor management). Once the food arrived at our table, it was fine. The food was great. Not cheap nore expensive. But it was great.

Mexico Beach, Florida
“Never Again!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went to the murder mystery show which included supper here. The service was slow. I had to ask twice for a glass of water and we had to ask several times for our soft drink. The Caesar Salad was only lettuce and dressing with no croutons or toppings. The Beef Fajitas were awful and it was the cheapest cut of meat I have ever tasted. The cheesecake was frozen and you had to pick it up with your fingers and try to bite it off because it had not even been thawed out.

• Visited June 2014