“Crab Island Great!”

Crab Island Cantina
Ranked #13 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy the fresh flavors of traditional Latin favorites, tasty steaks, fresh gulf seafood with the best view of the Destin Harbor and an unrivaled sunset daily. Award winning fajitas, Lobster & shrimp mac & cheese, Seafood Crab & Lobster Boil, Mexican street tacos, Award winning gumbo and Black Angus steaks makes for a mouthwatering menu all can enjoy. If your in the mood for Burgers, visit Charlie's Burger Bar or visit Carlito's Deli for some of the best subs and sandwiches you'll ever have, both located inside the Crab Island Cantina Complex. Lunch and dinner are served daily, as well as a Sunday brunch with bottomless Margarita's, Mimosas and Bloody Mary's from 10am to 3pm.
Diamondhead, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crab Island Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent, actually I was quite
pleased with taste and especially the portions! Our server Monica made a few minor early-seating stutters not noticed with her breezy air and affability. I had the chorizo and seafood gumbo. I was delighted with it, and I like good gumbo! I ordered a small and it was surprisingly large. My entree of beef enchiladas was excellent; again the proportion was very ample. My dining partner ordered empanadas as an appetizer and another appetizer (tostadas) as an entree and they were as delicious as they were filling.
We took a doggy bag (almost never happens with me) and came away believing we had gotten our moneys worth. Overall the authenticity of the Mexican dishes was far superior to what one might expect in Destin Florida in a touristy boardwalk. I highly recommend it.

Visited February 2014

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Service and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Jose Cruz was our server and went out of his way to make our experience at the cantina wonderful. Food was great and we kept going back. Wonderful margaritas also!

• Visited February 2014
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Excellent view, service, and food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Paul was our server and he was VERY attentive! Couldn't have asked for a better server!
The view was even better!!!

Thanks from Ben and Kelly!

• Visited January 2014
Spooner, Wisconsin
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a great lunch served by our waiter Michael A. Tasty food with large portions, attentive service and a great view of the water.

Visited February 2014
Destin, Florida
“Latin flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

good experience at this Latin flavor (not Tex Mex) Destin restaurant. Perfect location on the water in Harborwalk, facing the Destin bridge. Party of 6 all had something different and everyone thought food was great and a nice alternative to Tex Mex. Empanadas + chicken quesadilla were fabulous.

Server Samantha "Sam" was super. Owner Carlos came by to make sure everything was right.

All in all can't go wrong- nice place with super views.

• Visited February 2014