“Nice view--bad food”

Ranked #12 of 312 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the fresh flavors of traditional Latin favorites, tasty steaks, fresh gulf seafood with the best view of the Destin Harbor and an unrivaled sunset daily. Award winning fajitas, Lobster & shrimp mac & cheese, Seafood Crab & Lobster Boil, Mexican street tacos, Award winning gumbo and Black Angus steaks makes for a mouthwatering menu all can enjoy. If your in the mood for Burgers, visit Charlie's Burger Bar or visit Carlito's Deli for some of the best subs and sandwiches you'll ever have, both located inside the Crab Island Cantina Complex. Lunch and dinner are served daily, as well as a Sunday brunch with bottomless Margarita's, Mimosas and Bloody Mary's from 10am to 3pm.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I brought a group of 8 here, the karaoke was great. The atmosphere was great. The food wasn't good. My shrimp were burned to a crisp. The waitress just said, "we have new cooks."

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Wait staff was terrible. Took 45 minutes just to take our order, I guess its ok if they just keep brining you chips. Im a local ill stick to the original.

1  Thank roachcoach4u
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

If you're thinking about visiting then I will save you some time and trouble and let you know this place is absolutely fabolous!!!!! My family and I visited here while walking the beautiful harbor. The food is great and the taste is very authentic. In addition the drinks are nice and strong and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. They also have daily specials during the hours of 3 and 6 although we missed it but hands down this was a great place to eat and view the water at the same time!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was looking for a good Mojito, and my wife found Crab Island Cantina having done a search. This restaurant is on the Harborwalk, which is a fun little commercial area in Destin. We walked in, looked for a hostess or someone else to seat us, having waited a few minutes, we sat ourselves not too far from the bar. We then waited... and waited... About 15 minutes passed and a waitress finally came up to us, gave us menus and asked if we knew what we wanted. I ordered a Mojito and my wife ordered a club soda. I should note that I asked the waitress how the mojitos were, and she remarked that they were "great" and that she "had them every night". About 10 minutes passed and the club soda arrived, 5 minutes more and the mojito came. It was watered down, poorly mixed, 3/4 filled with ice and contained few peppermint leaves. After drinking the 1 star mojito, we waited another 20 minutes while actively trying to get our waitress' attention. While I didn't want to reward the poor service and drinks, I decided to ask for a Chi-Chi. The waitress came back 10 minutes later and said "we don't have those". I then told her that a Chi-Chi was just a Pina Colada with vodka instead of rum, but not to worry, I'll just take a Pina Colada. It came after about 10 minutes. It was poorly blended, contained poor flavoring, and was garnished with a lime (???). I asked for the check, left a 20% tip because I know how it is, and the waitress seemed like a nice person, albeit frazzled and disorganized and left with my wife.

1  Thank NGeorgiaGuy
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I say the food was wonderful, not so much. They have a lot to choose from and the dishes with shrimp and crabmeat are popular. My granddaughter and I both had the Shrimp and Crab Quillsadias. They were swimming in grease, so I sent mine back. When I received my new order, there was no crabmeat inside. I felt like I had complained too much, so I ate it and it was very good. Only after I finished, did I tell our waiter. He said that they had already comped one order because he had complained to the manager that neither order was complete and cooked correctly. I never asked them to do that, but I am glad they did. It made a huge impression on me that a waiter would stick up for a patron. He is an asset to the restaurant and anyone reading this who is planning to go to this restaurant, ask for Freddy. He will treat you right.