“Great food, beautiful presentation”

Crab Island Cantina
Ranked #13 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the fresh flavors of traditional Latin favorites, tasty steaks, fresh gulf seafood with the best view of the Destin Harbor and an unrivaled sunset daily. Award winning fajitas, Lobster & shrimp mac & cheese, Seafood Crab & Lobster Boil, Mexican street tacos, Award winning gumbo and Black Angus steaks makes for a mouthwatering menu all can enjoy. If your in the mood for Burgers, visit Charlie's Burger Bar or visit Carlito's Deli for some of the best subs and sandwiches you'll ever have, both located inside the Crab Island Cantina Complex. Lunch and dinner are served daily, as well as a Sunday brunch with bottomless Margarita's, Mimosas and Bloody Mary's from 10am to 3pm.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have been here several times and I am so impressed with the food and presentation. Even at Happy Hour, the food is great AND beautiful! The empanadas with guacamole sauce are delicious!

2  Thank SomeoneFamous

Reviewed February 27, 2013

On my first visit to Destin, three of us lady friends ventured into the HarborWalk Cantina for a refreshment one day last week. We had a wonderful time, great Pacifico Beer (rare availability in WI), and great snacks.
So we brought our husbands back today and really had a great time!!
The food IS true mexican style--Tortilla Soup, Crab Cakes, Seafood Gumbo, Fish Tacos, Wings and Mexican Burrito are absolutely wonderful--however, the Shrimp Cocktail Is stupendous!!! We all loved it, especially the homemade sauce.
The Happy Hour specials are a great bargain--good size portions for a reasonable price. Great view too!
My husband and I have been to Puerto Vallarta for the last 25+ years and love their food--this is pretty close, if not surpassing the taste test! Thanks for the experience, Carlos.
Donna and Randy

1  Thank Randy H
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My father was visiting from West Yorkshire, UK so my family and I decided to take him to Crab Island Cantina to celebrate Mardi Gras. What a wonderful experience we had at the Cantina. We were pleasently surprised at the menu choices we had. Dad ordered the Americano Burger. It was flavorful and delicious!!! My son ordered the seafood gumbo and said it was his favorite. I would recommed everyone try this restaurant. The food is outstanding!!! Our waitress Patti made us feel welcome. My family and I look forward to many more visits here.

1  Thank 222DebS
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband eats Mexican food only because I like it; however, he said his food at the Crab Island Cantina was the best he had ever eaten!! Margaritas were wonderful, food was very good, view of the Harbor on a warm February afternoon was spectacular!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visit the area from Hwy. 30A to Destin Fl. twice a year. This is some of the best food for the money thus far! On our first visit I had the Breaded Jumbo Shrimp w/ slaw & Chips.
Fantastic!! (best shrimp I've had) My wife had the Enchilada Dinner and said it was also very good!
We try to visit all the local eats while we are here, and this is a neat restaurant with great food, beautiful view, & friendly staff. Plus: Covered parking under the Emerald Grande, after you dine walk the fishing pier & shops. (there is a lot to see & do)
Just Go, you will not be disapointed!

1  Thank Tom S