“Just OK”

Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This huge and constantly expanding water park has over 40 water attractions for sliding, splashing or just basking in the sun and, for night-time fun, miniature golf, go-kart tracks and several thrill rides.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent 2 hours and were ready to go home. A set of 3 speed slides was closed for repairs. Thunderfalls river tube ride was kinda lame. Best rides were the tube slides and the black tube racers. $33 ($4 discount) was not a great value. Would not go again on future trips.

3  Thank mangs8
There are newer reviews for Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were told over the phone the twilight rate was between 3-6 but when we arrived it was from 3-5. Reluctantly we did it anyway because you don't want to disappoint 4 kids. I could not believe how overpriced this rundown, filthy place was, and ditto on the employees being less than helpful, more like rude. I asked to speak to a manager regarding the misinformation on the park hours and was directed to a 18 yr old who said not all of our staff has been brought up to speed on our hours??? Are you serious. Had to wait 20 minutes just to get tubes and half of the rides are closed on top of it. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this place.

8  Thank robert b
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Worst water part I ever been too. Staff was rude, starting with the paring attendant that could get off his rear to give me my change. We reneged a cabana which was not worth it compared to other parks, crapy old chairs rusted. Several slides were not in service....really..... It a water park in the middle of Summer. Lastly, was the argument I had with a manager over the lack of dipping dots in a cup, again really, spend $20 for two spoonfuls, you don't think you could have filled it to the top.

never should go again.

5  Thank Martin O
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wish that I had read the reviews before coming here. Felt like I should have just flushed my money down the toilet. I guess in a fashion we did do that. The water in the park is not clean, the inner tubes are stained, as are the surfaces of the water features, half of which were closed. And the rudeness of the staff, foreign or not, is too much. There is no reason to come back. I rarely write negative reviews, but feel a need to warn others.

4  Thank Katzenbach226
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I agree this park is expensive but what isn't at the beach. Three slides were shut down and appear that they have been for some time, they should offer a discount because they are 3 of the most popular rides. The thunder river was shut down for about 2 hours which was disappointing.

Went on a Wednesday, it was crowded but never had to wait more than 5 minutes.

Biggest issue I had was the robotic life guards. Walk 10 steps look at there feet turn head and repeat. While 2 life guards were busy doing their routine my wife and I pulled a young boy that was going under out of the water. This happened where the rapid slides meet the lazy river where the small wave maker is located. Now mind you there were 2 life guards within 10 feet of this child, never seen him. I jumped the life guard about not doing their job and told a manager upon leaving but it all fell on deaf ears.

All in all we had a blast my 10 year old loved it, we will go back if ever in Destin again. I wouldn't depend in the life guards to save a life but then again I wouldn't leave my 5-7 year old alone at a water park.