“Awful experience.”

Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This huge and constantly expanding water park has over 40 water attractions for sliding, splashing or just basking in the sun and, for night-time fun, miniature golf, go-kart tracks and several thrill rides.
Mobile, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awful experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wish that I had read the reviews before coming here. Felt like I should have just flushed my money down the toilet. I guess in a fashion we did do that. The water in the park is not clean, the inner tubes are stained, as are the surfaces of the water features, half of which were closed. And the rudeness of the staff, foreign or not, is too much. There is no reason to come back. I rarely write negative reviews, but feel a need to warn others.

3 Thank Katzenbach226

• Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Expensive but good time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I agree this park is expensive but what isn't at the beach. Three slides were shut down and appear that they have been for some time, they should offer a discount because they are 3 of the most popular rides. The thunder river was shut down for about 2 hours which was disappointing.

Went on a Wednesday, it was crowded but never had to wait more than 5 minutes.

Biggest issue I had was the robotic life guards. Walk 10 steps look at there feet turn head and repeat. While 2 life guards were busy doing their routine my wife and I pulled a young boy that was going under out of the water. This happened where the rapid slides meet the lazy river where the small wave maker is located. Now mind you there were 2 life guards within 10 feet of this child, never seen him. I jumped the life guard about not doing their job and told a manager upon leaving but it all fell on deaf ears.

All in all we had a blast my 10 year old loved it, we will go back if ever in Destin again. I wouldn't depend in the life guards to save a life but then again I wouldn't leave my 5-7 year old alone at a water park.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a joke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a joke!! We went for a fun day and everything was horrible, duty water, dusty parking($$$) horrible food and rude staff. We'll never go back!!

2 Thank Jose B
Destin, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Season passes are well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

we bought season passes this year and are very glad we did! any day we have a day off, we go relax in the lazy river, do some water slides, and have a fun day in the sun! a season pass pays for itself on your second visit so if you think you might go multiple times, definitely get it!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Morgan L
Bradenton, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time nor money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wish I would have read reviews before my hubby and I went. We did the twilight pass which was suppose to be from 3 to 6pm. Come to find out it was until 5pm. we paid 60.00 for a hole in the wall, needs updated, horrible staff, barely anything to do water park. When my husband stated, hey, we called and spoke to a lady about the hrs etc..all we got were teenagers asking...did you speak to Jamie? Must have been Jamie. I could only wish to never waste 60.00 and two hours of our time again. This dive just needs to close down!!! Boooooooooo

3 Thank TrinaBertran