“Great First Time Stay in Destin and The Edgewater”

Edgewater Beach Condominium
Ranked #4 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great First Time Stay in Destin and The Edgewater”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was our first time staying in Destin and at The Edgewater. We stayed in Condo 705. It was beautifully furnished and very clean. The view from our room was amazing. We had no trouble with management or the rudeness that I have seen others talk about. At check-in there was a computer problem, they took my number and by the time we had walked to the beach, they had called and said our room was ready.

Parking was plentiful. There was more than enough parking over the 4th of July holiday, so I don't know that there would ever be any trouble with that. One of the elevators wasn't working all week, but there were 3 more to choose from. Every employee that we came in contact with was very nice.

The pools were a little crowded towards the end of the week but with the holiday we expected that. We only ate at the Tiki Hut one time, but the food was good. And I really enjoyed having beach set up every day. With three kids, it was nice knowing that I didn't have to carry an umbrella and chairs down to the beach along with everything else.

On the last day my husband and son rented a paddle board from the beach set-up crew. $27.00 for an hour wasn't too bad. And you could rent a kayak for $20.00 an hour too. And life jackets were provided if needed for children.

Overall, I would definitely stay at Edgewater again. I may even bring my extended family back with me.

Room Tip: Higher numbers on the rooms are closer to the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Magnolia, Arkansas
Reviewed July 1, 2014

A bit of a distance east of Destin, Modern interior with open floor plan. Bedroom has private balcony door beside the living area sliding glass door, two nice pools, beach just steps away,very few shells around, neatly landscaped,family-friendly,

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tena S
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

The property is set up for wonderful ocean and beach views! No crossing a busy road to access the beach as it is right there! The pools are wonderful and very clean. Tiki Bar is very convenient for drinks and food. Beach service was excellent and no reserving of chairs meant no issues with finding a spot. All of the units are online and you pick which one fits your needs. Some are more updated than others so you have to weigh location in the building, decor, bed set up, etc. Our unit was gorgeous and we were not high up and still had a great view with a large patio area. It is a very family friendly property with a grilling area and basketball court. Winn Dixie, outlet mall, and many restaurants are conveniently located. My only complaint was elevators were a bit slow, but we were able to use the stairs easily. Great family atmosphere and we will be back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicole G
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I called Suzanne Harris to finally use my certificate for a “3 night stay in a 2 bedroom condo” at Edgewater Beach Resort purchased from Todd Huff's Ridin' Strokin' Bowlin' cancer treatment benefit. I purchased this certificate for the sole purpose of my mother being able to enjoy this resort along with my husband and me. She had gotten very ill, my husband and I along with my sister took care of her and she has since past away. Since the certificate DID NOT have an expiration date I thought no problem, my husband and I could finally use this for an upcoming wedding in Sept. Per Suzanne, she told whomever picked up the certificate, that there WAS an expiration time frame (not true). I spent a lot of money on this certificate that I can't use. So just imagine how I'm feeling people. I can't post it.

9 Thank TERESA P
Lafayette, Tennessee
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We booked 2 condos side-by-side and had a total of 13 people staying between the two. Some of the best and most convenient pools in Destin, especially for children. Beach access is great, with chairs and umbrellas included with stay. Located convenient to most things in Destin. Will certainly stay here again.

1 Thank Todd A
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is our 3rd stay at the Edgewater Condo. We love it. The beach is beautiful. Condo comes with 2 chair and a beach umbrella daily. There is no shortage of chairs as people are not allowed to "reserve" chairs without using them. Eric, the beach attendant is great--we remember him from years past. My kids chimed in that the pools are as nice as the beach is. No condos are far from the beach. All condos have full kitchens, W/D and comfy beds. Covered parking for cars and smaller SUVs. We came several weeks after a 20" rain, but the place seemed to be running smoothly without any major glitches. Check in was a breeze. Grocery store within walking distance. Will come again!!

4 Thank C L
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed June 12, 2014

What a waste! As soon as I arrived, I wanted to leave. It was impossible to find the front office to check in, then to find parking. Management, like the front office, is detached from your experience here. When I called and asked for laundry detergent, the answer was, "at Winn Dixie," which is down the street. Also, one day we returned from being out, and our condo's front door was wide open. When I called the front desk, the response was that I was responsible for it and then they sent someone to see if I had stolen anything from the condo. The last horrible experience includes the cleanliness of the place. In the middle of the week, I saw a bug come out of the already molded, black crease in the tub and crawl across the floor, then back to the crease in the tub. Needless to say, never in my life will I stay here or tell my worst enemy to stay here. We plan on leaving early, not staying my entire, prepaid vacation.

• Stayed June 2014
14 Thank RachelM986
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Edgewater Beach Condominium? Share your experiences!