“A wonderful beach getaway”

Edgewater Beach Condominium
Ranked #4 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I visted the Edgewater the week of July 26th with my 15 year old son. We had a walkout unit and it was perfect. We both had our own bedrooms and bathrooms. He loved being able to hook up his Playstation and lounge and step out to the pool on a whim. The condo was beautifully decorated and clean! I spent the majority of the week on the beach with the chair/umbrella combo. You just had to walk out the sliding glass door and the pool and beach were only steps away from the patio. It was lovely! The pool was very nice and the grounds were beautiful. We were able to park underground and get to the elevator with a very short walk. The grocery store was right across the street and we ate every meal in the condo. Also, we used the washer and dryer everyday. More than anything, I felt very safe and would recommend this condominium complex to anyone who just wants to get away and relax in style.

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank TennesseeVolLover

Reviewed July 20, 2008

my family and i will return to edgewater again,and again!
we had room 1008,and it was beautiful.white sandy beaches,clear emerald waters,it was magnificent. two beautiful pools.it has everything you could ask for in a vacation retreat.ill be returning every year.the only thing i hated about edgewater was having to go back home to reality.i reccomend this place to everyone looking for a vacation getaway!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank HALRO
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Another fantastic time at the Edgewater. This must be our 12th summer to stay at the Edgewater. There were 6 families from Lafayette on this trip. Family and friends together on the beach, nothing better. Already booked for next summer and can't wait to go back. Royer's Lafayette, LA

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2008

I don't normally find the need to write a review but, we enjoyed our stay at Edgewater Beach so much, that it's necessary. My husband, myself and daughter stayed in Unit 1008 (one bedroom & fold out). It was the perfect size for the 3 of us. The unit is decorated with really nice furniture and decor which really makes a difference. The view was great also.

Beach and pool access was very key to us as that's where we spend the majority of our vacation. Having the 2 chairs and umbrella provided made such a huge difference to us and even more relaxing. You didn't have to worry about what time you got down there and the guys taking care of them were great too. If you go, make sure you tip them very well. These guys are running all the time make sure umbrellas are up or down depending on what the guest wants. The set up and take down is a huge job in itself especially the days it rains and then stops.

Shopping and food was great. You could eat casual or really nice, depending on your mood. The location was excellent too. Very close to whatever you wanted to do.

My only advice would be to make absolutely sure that you bring your confirmation paperwork that you receive in the mail prior to the trip. We had a certain situation come up and it would have been resolved a lot faster if we hadn't forgotten this paperwork at home. Other than that.....Great, great, great!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank L0veT0Relax
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Edgewater was a great place to stay! We have a 4 year old and 2 year old, and had a wonderful time staying at the Edgewater! Our rooms were very clean, the staff was very helpful in giving directions, suggestions, etc. They were VERY nice to our children. The heated pool was just right for swimming. It is big enough to allow kids the space they need to have a good time. The beach was very nice, the free chairs and umbrella were a blessing! We are definitely planning on another stay!

Reviewed May 12, 2008

My family and I just came back from Destin, FL. We went for Mother's Day. We had a wonderful trip. The condo was awesome. The guy at the front desk when we checked in was very nice and helpful. We had no problems getting into the gate. They give you a gate card so you don't have to punch in a code. The condo was very spacious and decorative. If you can book a terrace room it is worth it. The view was great but it looks like no matter what room you get everyone gets a great view of the ocean. And you can't beat being right on the beach. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank gocoolthompson
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I wasn't going to post a review but after seeing the last post I though I should. I guess we stayed at Edgewater at the same time (or close to it) as the woman but we had a little different perspective on things.

First, we had a little trouble with the gate the first day we were there. But after reading the packet that we were given at check-in we had the code that was necessary to get in the gate. It was 0000. My daughter went to the store, and somehow forgot the code, but she got right in when she noticed the sign just below the number pad on the gate saying "Press 0000 to ring the office".

Second, the notices about eviction were posted in the elevators, and at first we though it was funny. Until the second day when we learned from another parent at the beach that three teenagers were caught throwing a plastic cooler off the 7th floor. Apparently it almost hit someone on the ground. I can tell you this, if it had been my child/
wife that almost was hit, eviction would have been the least of these kids problems.

The pool areas were great. One of the pools was heated, and the hot tub was great. I am not sure about the other pool (with the waterfall). The weather was too cold for an old man like myself to even consider trying. I bet it would be great in the Summer though.

My favorite things were the outdoor grills. We did go out to dinner quite a bit, but on those nights where you are too exhausted to deal with the crowds or having to get cleaned up they were perfect. My family might not agree, admittedly I'm not the best chef, but I had fun and thats what matters...right?

I can't remember which room we stayed in exactly, but I know it was a 3 bedroom on the 6th floor. I believe it was 604. Let me tell you, we have stayed at numerous places up and down the panhandle (including San Destin) and nothing even comes close. The floors were marble tile, there was a huge plasma television in the living room, and the most comfortable bed I have seen in a while. I thought about strapping the mattress to the hood and taking it home but my wife wouldn't allow it.

I saw that the poster before me did not think the balcony was safe for children, and I guess I agree. But then again what balcony is safe for an unattended toddler? There was a large planter box that went up about 3 feet and then there was about a 1 or 2 foot tall railing. I couldn't have climbed over it, but again I'm an old man and have trouble getting off the couch after a long nap. Haha.

Seriously though, this was one of the best vacations my family has ever had. My kids had a great time (even my 16 year old daughter who doesn't like anyone/anything that her parents suggest), and my wife seems to be willing to allow me to stay married to her for another year.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank BeachDad1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin
Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Edgewater Beach Condominium? Share your experiences!