“Maravilla, ok”
Review of Maravilla Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Maravilla Resort
Ranked #35 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
St. Louis
“Maravilla, ok”
Reviewed June 17, 2007

Our unit at Maravilla was very nice, nothing real extravagant, but everything was tight, clean, nice looking. We were on the second floor facing the beach and near the pool. Bed was comfortable. We never had any problem with space at the pool and it was always clean. Beach was great. On the negative side, the second bedroom was pretty small. The cabinets were full and had no space for groceries, so everything had to be left out on the countertop. The drier took forever to dry even a small load of clothes. One morning there was a worker walking around using a leaf blower that sounded like a 747 taking off at 7:30 a.m. When the neigboring kids went anywhere it was running like elephants (which rumbled our whole unit) and screaming (which pierced right through the front door) - this was typically very, very early in the morning or very late at night. I know this is not the fault of the condo, but was still annoying (and I have my own 5 year old). I went for relaxation and was disappointed by the street between me and the beach. I was assured by the owner that it posed no negative effect, but I sat out a few nights trying to soak up the sound of soft waves washing onto the beach, only to have it constantly interrupted by the cars with loud radios or the occasional Harley's going by. I have stayed in Destin several times, this being the first with a road between me and the ocean, and I can easily say I will not do it again. So, overall I didn't hate the stay and would recommend it to someone wanting an inexpensive option, but I would still advise to think about what you want in your stay. An uninterrupted view and sounds of the beach and ocean are not found here. Hopefully, the more central Destin area will get their beaches back in shape again.

Stayed June 2007
6 Thank Shooter7
Mermaid-10, unit owner 2106 and 2301 at Maravilla Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2008
Maravilla celebrated their completion of reconstrction, is all new, beautifully landscaped and better then ever. We have the largest private beach on Miramar , 2.5 acres, and have completed our beach restoration. Each unit is privately owned and maintained , when selecting your unit, visit the owners website and be aware that some units are beautfully decorated , some are not. We are a 33 acre gated, family oriented community .

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
SB in Roc
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Date: April 10 -17th 2007
Recently returned from a great family trip to Destin, Florida. We stayed at the Maravilla. The condo was perfect for our family of 6. It was nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. Our condo was a direct gulf front with awesome views of the ocean and beach. Scenic road 98 was directly in front of the Maravilla and this was not an issue for us at all. Traffic was lignt and people would stop to let us cross to the beach. I would stay again at the Maravilla. They have 2 pools and tennis courts and the kids had fun playing shuffle board.

4 Thank Sue74
PORTAGE
Reviewed March 11, 2007

We booked our condo via the internet because we love Destin and the Miramar Beach area where Maravilla is located. The pictures of the unit looked fine and the owner's description seemed to fulfill our needs. We booked unit 1413.
However, upon arriving, we were more than disappointed. The condo itself has two bedrooms one of which is very small and a tiny kitchen with no room for groceries. All the appliances and furniture are very cheap and ready for replacement. There is just too much "stuff" here. We moved some things out onto the patio to make some room for ourselves. The patio set is cheap green plastic and the view is not of the ocean but of the neighboring villas.
The master bedroom is large - the only positive feature of the condo that I can come up with.
Maravilla itself has two beautiful tennis courts - but there our appreciation ends. Four huge open dumpsters greet you in the parking lot - how tacky! Air conditioner units sit prominently outside of the ground floor units of the buildings. The heated pool is small for the number of units. The fitness room is tiny - one treadmill and one bike and is only open 9-5 5 days a week. When we asked if we could have a key to access it at other times, we were told this had not worked in the past. The beach across the street is beautiful, but there is no view of this from our room.
While we were there this winter they painted the stairway leading to our unit, but neglected to paint the first flight. It is unsightly and dirty.
Needless to say, we'll be coming back to Destin, but staying away from Maravilla.

• Liked — The two tennis courts and the beach
  • Disliked — The landscaping, cleanliness, maintenance, and the view
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sn0wbirds
georgia
Reviewed April 20, 2006

Stayed in a 2 bdr/1bunk room/2 bath condo at Maravilla. Location was great with easy beach access across the road and within walking distance to several restaurants, coffee shop and beach stores. There was some repair work being done on the complex but pools and tennis court were open. Complex was clean, plenty of chairs at pool. Our unit, 1303, was nicely decorated, very clean and well stocked with plenty of towels, extra blankets and pillows. Had a great stay and would stay there again!

Stayed April 2006
16 Thank georgia4
NEW MARKET ALABAMA
Reviewed November 3, 2005

I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY !!!!!!! I have stayed here 3 different times and each week long vacation was incredible. Love the easy access to the beach, condo was clean and comfortable. I was even allowed to bring my 2 little four legged angels with me. If you are looking for one of the most beautiful beach get-a-ways, Maravilla is the place. You are close to everything needed to make this a beautiful vacation of a lifetime. I WILL BE BACK IN 2006 !!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2005
15 Thank ANDYFROMNEWMARKET
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 16, 2005

We just got back from Destin and stayed at the Maravilla for the first time. I highly recommend these condos. We booked the Maravilla by recommendation from a friend after a cancellation from The Islander due to some damage sustained from Hurricane Dennis. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. They offer 2-4 bedrooms condos also. We stayed in building 2 on the 3rd floor and the view was incredible. Buildings 2 and 3 only have partial(still a great view). A few mornings we were lucky to spot dolphins. The grounds sits on 33 acres with condos and vacation homes. There are 2 pools (one heated in cooler weather), jacuzzi, tennis courts, shuffle board, clubhouse with exercise room, BBQ grills and lots of grass area for kids to play in. The grounds are kept very clean. Its located close to shopping and restaurants. Pets are allowed per approval of the condo owner.

Our unit was newly decorated and very nice. It included a washer and dryer which was a plus(I believe most units would have this). I didn't have to get coins and go to a community laundry. The beds very comfortable and we were lucky to have a unit that had some condiments in it already! Simple things like salt and pepper.

The beach is a private beach and very close. Some of the condo units include the umbrella and chair rentals for the week. You can have your personal spot reserved for $5.00 per day and they will put your name on a index card and attach it to your umbrella. The service is up and ready by 830 every morning. They also have personal watercraft for rental.

We are definitely going back again and have already contacted the owner to reserve his 3 units for next year!

• Stayed August 2005
22 Thank kuhlmale
Chattanooga
Reviewed June 7, 2005

Maravilla in Destin Florida is a wonderful place to stay. Maravilla grounds are meticulously kept with condos and cottages for rent, many of them by the owner. Rates are very reasonable for the Destin area. We liked it because it is located on Scenic Gulf Drive along the beach in an area with not too much traffic and is uncongested. There are two pools, one heated seasonally, an exercise room, tennis courts, great parking, beautiful gulf views and a private beach for use only by Maravilla guests.

• Stayed June 2005
27 Thank CubanCurlygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Leeward Key Condominiums
Enclave Condos
#42 of 55 in Destin
Crystal Sands Condominiums
Majestic Sun at Seascape Resort

Been to Maravilla Resort? Share your experiences!