“Awesome stay!”

Inn on Destin Harbor
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed August 26, 2007

I stayed at this wonderful hotel at the start of Aug. I had such a wonderful stay. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was awesome. Thursday night was such fun with the wine tasting and local artist. This will be my only choice of hotel when I visit Destin. It can't get much better than that!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ajesabele625

Reviewed August 20, 2007

Our stay at the Inn was very enjoyable. The front desk was accommodating when it came to us checking in early and out late without charging any additional fees! We were a group of four and had no problem getting extra towels when we arrived. The room was clean and the self-adjusting air conditioner kept the room comfortable. The view of the Destin Harbor while eating our complimentary breakfast was spectacular and the food was plentiful and the seating was comfortable. It was a great way to start each day!

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank SugarSand
Reviewed August 18, 2007

My wife and I enjoyed a relaxed two days at the Inn on Destin Harbor. We used Bookit.com for our reservations. The harbor view, the location to other 'strip' attractions were outstanding. The accomodations and poolside areas need 'fresh coat of paint' attention and a visit from TLC's 'Trading Spaces' team wouldn't hurt! The reception team, however, needs a LOT of help. The twenty-something receptionists seemed inconvenienced at our arrival. We were not greeted with, "Good afternoon," but a "Name and credit card", as if we were being checked in for a short jail term! We looked at this reception with the idea that we were spending our weekend together, and not with them. Inn on Destin Harbor could be a great investment for a new hotelier group, because the current owners obviously don't have the interest. We will stay there again, but will bring our own coffee!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Our stay at Destin Inn on the Harbor was only okay. The view of the harbor was nice, but while I expected the "beach" to be very small, it was more like a sandbox. It appeared that someone's dog had used it as a bathroom area.The room was small but clean. My recommendation is that everything needs to be updated. The sink dripped and the access panel to the waterpipes was loose, so you could see the plumbing. The second floor smelled like pets which I guess is where they put people who bring their pets. The inn is supoosed to be no smoking, but I could smell someone's cigarette smoke in our hallway. The hallways were hot and stuffy. I did sign up for the complimentary newspaper, but never received it during the 3 days I was there. I also noticed that some of the employees' children were present and seemed to have the run of the place.

On the plus side, the staff was very nice and the breakfast was adequate. It is close to quite a few restaurants, but you will have to drive to get to the beach.

I do not plan to stay there again. For the price I really expected more. I will not recommend staying there to my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2007

I went to destin for a 3 day weekended stayed @ the the inn on destin
harbor. The employees @ the inn were very helpful and friendly. they had a guy play music on sat. and it was casual and fun. the place is quit and not crowed. the harbor view was grate.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2007

Tried to stay here for a long weekend (4 nights). My wife and I booked on their website and got not one but two separate confirmations via email. We drove six hours and upon arrival were told there were not any rooms available. Luckily I had my receipt and
confirmation, or so I thought. After presenting them both, I was told
I was out of luck. I informed the clerk he must be wrong because we even used our credit card to reserve. I was once again told I was out
of luck. I asked what had I done wrong, was it after check in time (I
arrived about 6:00 pm), did I reserve the wrong weekend. He looked at
my confirmation and said no, sorry, we will see if we can get you a room at the comfort inn. Needless to say I left. When we returned home I emailed the hotel manager and attached all my info. I never received any reply. These guys really suck. I have never rated any thing on the web but I guess there is a first for everything. Please
be careful.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on Destin Harbor for our wedding anniversary. I was leary because the price was so much more reasonable than other hotels in the area. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The hotel is not fancy but, it is very clean, all of the staff is extra friendly, the view in the harbor rooms is divine and the lobby is truly an enjoyable place to congregate and visit.
The room size was more than ample for two people and as I said, everything was super clean. The continental breakfast was more than satisfying.
The one and only problem I had was that the people in the room next to us had rowdy children, I wish the hotel staff would have placed them in a room that was next to empty rooms. I believe there was space for that but, we didn't complain, as I'm sure if we did, the problem would have been addressed.
Inn On The Destin Harbor, is well worth what you pay! Thanks for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple