All reviews watching the boats walking distance harbor walk village king bed we've stayed beach area
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2019

Well it was ok for me because outside the hotels and in this area there’s plenty of place to dine in. Since my husband love sushi and Harbor Ducks is amazing and they got the best sushi and even the sizes are pretty decent size to eat. The Inn On Destin Harbor the room are very clean except on the 4th floor the floor carpet don’t clean but I’m more particular or in short the room is clean. The only thing we don’t like is that no laundry on the hotel. Then the front desk give us the room key when my husband open the door the room was dirty and no beds which makes us upset because we 3 connecting flights before we got here and so we have to go down again to the front desk to get new room because the room was not ready. Finally they give us a clean room with beds and we can relaxed for exhausting long flight from Hawaii to LAX, LAX to Houston and then Houston to Fort Walton Destin Florida. The breakfast is ok and simple but don’t get me wrong the front desk are friendly and nice.

Room tip: Rooms are clean
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was horrible do not stay here. We made a reservation for four nights. When we arrived we were given a disgusting room facing the parking lot. The room aside from being dated was absolutely disgusting. The carpet was stained the lamps were stained
The bathroom was dirty. We went to the front desk and asked if we could change rooms and have a water view. They said yes for a fee of 40 dollars per night . The room we were in was across the hall with a water view . The bathroom was a little less dated but still gross and this room had wood tile floors, we walked around with flip flops on floors as well as in the shower. The door to go to the balcony was broken. I found a staff member and asked how to open the door . The guy kicked the bottom of the glass door and said this is how you do it . After he left i was not able to reopen the door. We woke up to a cockroach on our floor that could not have gotten in through the broken door. We zipped our suitcases and walked to the front desk . When arriving at the front desk there was a line . And the health inspector was in front of me. I told the front desk staff member we had a roach in our room and we need to check out. She was unapologetic. I asked for a refund for the next three nights we were staying in which i paid another 40 dollars to upgrade to a sea view per night. She said i would need to speak with a manager but unfortunately she is not here today. I asked her to call the manager she did , no answer. I asked to have the managers number they would not give us the number. The "manager" Maureeanne
has yet to call us back . The front desk girl called us and said nothing could be done since we booked through expedia. We asked to talk to the manager and have her
Call us yet Again, since she has the final say with the recund. She has not contacted us and denied us the money back via the front desk girl. If i could of gave this hotel zero stars i would of. False advertising and bugs . Here is the cockroach we found in our room . Hope this review is useful do not stay here. And i will be calling the health department!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Dominique B
IODH, General Manager at The Inn on Destin Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

We are sorry you feel this way. As you could tell we are in the process of renovating our Hotel and with our occupancy being high we are making progress slowly but it takes time. The "cockroach" you are speaking of live in palm trees, called Palmetto Bugs, we can not do much about them,we have dozens of trees and they come in when the door opens, on peoples clothes, fly in, any way they can. When guest choose to purchase reservations from 3rd parties which have a no-refund policy to save money it is their choice, we honor the policies as we should. Have a great day. I would have returned the call from you but I had a death in my family that took me away briefly. I apologize.

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

The place was a dump. Stayed 1 night of 3 because water was not working the next morning. Called front desk and was apologized to. At that point asked about the non working elevator the night before and was apologized to for that also. I asked for a refund for the next two nights in which we had prepaid for. The desk clerk was very nice and said she would have to get approval from the GM and that she would call me back shortly. It has been 5 days and no phone call.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here on January 19 through January 20. The front desk was very kind and considerate of my significant other’s needs. The hotel is under new ownership and undergoing renovations that I believe will make it even better! The WiFi was fast, the room was clean with a great view, and the service was very polite!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank austing432
Reviewed January 15, 2019

I had paid for a room on the water, which, granted, wasn't very much, but when I got there I was put in a room facing a very noisy parking lot. I survived and you will, too, if you need a cheap overnight stay.

Date of stay: December 2018