“Best Kept Secret in Destin”
Review of Beachside Inn

Beachside Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Destin B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Beachside Inn is the perfect place to go if you want to get away from it all and bring your pet with you. They only have a small number of rooms and the front desk is not opened 24 hours a day which was no problem for us, if we needed anything we were just sure to get it before they closed. The rooms are very roomy and very nicely decorated. The vanity area was way larger than we expected (very very nice). There is a seat area at the end of the tub which our cat decided to make her own sleeping area there. I had read about the parking issues because of the restaurant on the same property but we had no problems parking. I also liked using a coded door entry instead of having to keep track of a swipe card. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and Kellie and Peggy are WONDERFUL!!!! We will definitely be back to visit our home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RWallace_12

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visiting some relatives for a short stay we decided on Beachside Inn as we were going to be spending time at another beach front location so did not care about being on the beach. This little hotel was so clean and squeaky with some nice touches like homemade banana bread and shower curtain & ammenties tied in raffia. We had a quiet room away from the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A short and pleasant stay. We had no trouble finding parking.

Room Tip: away from restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great location, right across from beach with public access. double decker pool with hot tub. great rooms. Good resturant (a little pricey). Would recommend to anyone. Parking was never an issue like some have stated. Our faucets were installed backwards and came off but it wasn't a big deal. Great showers.

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at Beachside Inn twice and the first time was much better than the second. First off, the hotel has a very small parking lot which is shared by the popular on-site restaurant so parking can definitely be a hassle during busy times for the restaurant. They have orange cones that say "Beachside Inn Guest" that you can place in your parking spot so that no person other than another hotel guest can park in, but who's to say that the rule is actually followed. When we arrived late Saturday night, we noticed that the toilet paper holder had come out the wall and was on the floor. We notified the hotel staff, whom are very nice people, on Sunday about the broken toilet paper holder and she said that they would get someone on it right away. Well check out day came on Wednesday and our toilet paper holder still was not fixed. As stated before the hotel staff are very nice people as well as the housekeeping staff. The housekeeping staff clean well with lots of diligence. We got back from the beach a couple times when she was still cleaning our room, yet she did not rush to finish her work and still cleaned with diligence.The water pressure in the shower was also very good. One huge problem was that the beds are very high off the ground. It was very difficult for my grandma to get on and off the bed but she managed to deal with it, but with difficulty. Even I had to jump to get on the bed. The televisions in the room are very outdated. They are not even flat screen televisions, they are the old boxy kind. If I'm paying about $300 per night, I'd assume the hotel has enough income to update the televisions. The hotel's ice machine was very good. The proximity to the beach is what earns this hotel 4 stars. Yet 4 years ago, when I stayed at this hotel the beach was quiet with barely any other people there than us. Now the beach is crowded with at least a couple rows of people, so I would suggest getting to the beach a bit sooner to secure a good spot.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nazy S
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times in the last few years, hotel and beach locations are wonderful. Staff is a pleasure. My only issue is with the parking- the restaurant on site is excellent...and everyone knows this. Locals and other visitors repeatedly use the hotel parking area to eat here, so... depending on the time of day- hotel guest have to wait for a spot to open up- this is for the weekends for sure, during the week it isn't so bad. The hotel gives you a card to hang in your car to show that you are a guest here, and cones are available to place in your spot when you leave, which is pointless as I watched several people move them and park anyway. My question to the hotel and management company...why isn't a tow service on contract to remedy this constant issue? If you don't have your car placard displayed showing you are a guest- you get towed. Im guessing its because the restaurant is owed by someone connected to the hotel. Hotel is a great, cozy place to stay and Crystal Beach isn't crowed at all, and spotlessly clean. Would I stay here again despite the parking?- definitely and I will next month again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed there for 2 years in a row and will be looking for a new place next year. First of all, the staff is super friendly and very helpful. The hotel rooms, pool are nice and clean and the coffee shop has great food! The location is (not on) but across the street from the beach which is a decent location. So, why not go back? For us, the small things that were lacking was enough for us to look elsewhere. First and foremost, the parking is terrible! The hotel has an on location resturant that is very popular and the diners come in the evening and take ALL the parking spaces. The hotel guests are told to take orange cones that are provided free and put one in their space when you leave to reserve your spot, but the locals know the system and move your cone and take your spot anyway. So, after a long day of fun, you come back to your hotel only to find you can't even park on the property and have to park on the street and walk to the hotel that you're paying $250 a night for!! That stinks!! Second, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable but the floors are all ceramic tile and it takes away from the coziness of the room. And because you're near the beach and the parking lot is asphalt, your floor gets gritty and it even gets dragged into your bed from your feet, so the bed fells gritty. They should at least have area rugs. Other than the beds, there is a wooden table and two hard wooden chairs. No sofa or love seat for comfortable sitting. The bathroom is big and the shower/tub is nice. The room has a small fridge and microwave but the TV is the old tube style. There is also a coffee maker and ceiling fan. The beds are very high off the floor and might give guests with disabilities a struggle to get into. Overall, it is a nice place, but it is a hotel that is surrounded by condos. If they would fix the parking problem and update the rooms with rugs, flat screen TV's and curtains that allow light in but are private we would be more apt to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank lashk
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Beachside Inn for 4 nights(June 19-23) along with my mother and our dog. I want to start my stating that I absolutely love that this place is pet friendly!
When we arrived at the Inn I was very pleased that it looked exactly like the pictures on the website and was indeed clean and conveniently located right across a small street from the beach. The ladies at the check in desk were very pleasant! Made check-in super easy!
Our first night there we ate at the WONDERFUL Camille's restaurant. We enjoyed the sushi and the dessert. I got the Tiramisu and my husband got the bread pudding( He's still talking about the bread pudding today) the desserts were delicious.
The beds were super comfortable and the shower pressure was great! Much better than most hotels that I've stayed at in the past. Maid service was always prompt on picking up towels and supplying trash bags and towels for us.
We also enjoyed the Camille's café for breakfast and morning beverages, like fresh watermelon juice!
I honestly have not a single complaint about this place.. Our stay couldn't have been better!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family