“Love it!”

Holiday Surf & Racquet Club
Ranked #6 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at HSRC last year with our 3 year old. We stayed for one week and could not have asked for a better experience! The room was nicely furnished (we stayed in unit 120) and clean. The bed was comfortable. The most important thing to us was the pool and the beach. Both were outstanding! While not extremely large or fancy, the pool was a very nice size. Having a unit on the first floor made it very convenient. The beach - that was outstanding! Having the free beach chair and umbrella set up was SO convenient and the beach was BEAUTIFUL! Overall, the trip was so great that we are heading back in 3 months. Highly recommend this location. Another must would be spending a lunch on the open air deck at The Lucky Snapper Grill and Bar at Destin Harbor - it is so relaxing to watch the boats come in and out and it is a great view of the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Skeeterlyn

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed at HSR. The first time we rented thru the company on site--they were wonderful.
This time we rented thru Holiday Isle rentals--- oh boy... I'm sure the company does a good job overall (you don't stay in business if you don't), but they certainly didn't put their best foot forward this time.
Our unit--321-- was a 2BR unit facing westward. We arrived late, and had to pick up keys,etc at a lock box. When we arrived at the unit, the negative feelings began immediately.
The entire unit needs to be updated and brought closer to modern day. As my wife said, it looks like your grandmother's condo. For example, the tv in the LR was at most a 25". The furniture looked like the best you could find--at a Destin yard sale. The pots and pans were rusty. And the first thing I had to do was fix the toilet flusher... Wonder if they'll pay me for my plumbing work?
The unit had apparently not been opened in a while--it smelled very musty. ( BTW--we never fully got the smell out.) Furniture/tables had dust on them. My wife had to do the dishes before we could use them. And the topper was the cracker under a decorative table--obviously had not vaccumed.
I was going to wait to write this until AFTER we left, but when a realtor opened our door (with a key--it was locked) and started to walk in, I just couldn't hold off any longer.
We'll have a great time, because that's how we are. But we will NEVER come to this unit or use this rental company again.

Room Tip: If you want to see the ocean, don't go below third floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank bigred
KentinDestin, General Manager at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay. We take all guest feedback seriously.

I am sorry to hear that your experience of renting through an outside company didn't meet your expectations. We do not manage all the rental condos in our building and because of that we have little control over those units. Thanks for mentioning how wonderful your experience was through our on-site rental program your first time here, I appreciate you saying that.

Our internal rental program has high standards when it comes to furnishings, housekeeping and inspecting the units before an arrival. Our staff is on site & we are committed to taking care of guests. We want you to relax, enjoy the property and all we have to offer. You probably experienced that on your first trip to HSRC, maybe that is why you came back. I hope you come back again to have another great time. To ensure you are dealing directly with us, please call our front desk directly at 850-837-6108. And if you feel like it, ask for me when you get here. I would love an opportunity to meet you.

We do not claim to be perfect but all of us focus on making our guests visit enjoyable and a good value. Our reviews & customer feedback surveys are typically very good because of that approach .

Thanks again for your review and for staying at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club.
Kent

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I checked in for about an hour...complete dump..moved to another property immediately. The sleeper sofa was broken, and the sheet had some nasty red stains on it. I was moved to another unit, and it was under construction! I was finally moved to the Sandpiper Cove...which is awesome! The surf and racquet club was way below the standard.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank scubagirlATL86
KentinDestin, General Manager at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. As you can tell by our reviews, this type of feedback for our property is extremely rare. I am sorry to hear about your recent experience.

We do not manage all the rental condos in our building. After reading your review, and discussing it at length with our front desk staff, it appears you may have rented through an outside agent and not directly through us. Unfortunately, we have little control over those units.

The units we rent have high standards when it comes to furnishings & housekeeping. Our staff is committed to taking care of guests and making sure they have a great experience here. While we are not perfect, all of us are focused on making our guests visit enjoyable. Our reviews & customer feedback surveys are typically very good because of that approach .

We would love an opportunity to show you what we can do and hope that you consider trying Holiday Surf & Racquet Club again. To make sure you are dealing directly with us I would ask you to call our front desk directly at 850-837-6108.

We take all guest feedback seriously and are sorry to hear about your recent experience at our property.

Kent Lungstrom

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We just returned from a four day vacation in Destin at The Holiday Surf and Raquet Club. This was our 4th time to stay there and was not dissappointed. The room was nice, clean, and easy to get to. The beach was clean and the complimentary beach service was a geat "freebee". We enjoyed our stay. I would recomment this property.

Room Tip: If you want to see the beach and chair set-up you will need to get on the fourth floor. Our room was...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike T
Reviewed October 8, 2012

On the recommendation of a friend we chose Holiday Surf Club for my families first visit to NW Florida. Our expectations were met upon arrival and by the time we checked out the staff had exceeded our expectaions. The room on the 7th floor was more than we hoped for. It was very clean, everything worked and there were beach toys in the closet. The beach was fantastic and the people handling the beach chairs and umbrellas were equally as accomodating. Great stay and we will return for our next trip to the area.

Room Tip: stay on the beach not across the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank midlothiantexas
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Surf & Racquet Club while vacationing in Destin in September, 2012. We were so pleased with the condo which had a recliner. It is not easy to find condos with recliners anymore. The condo was clean and had an upgraded kitchen. Our view from our 3rd floor balcony was breathtaking. The only problem with the balcony is that it is screened in so it is very hard to take pictures, etc. All the balconies are screened. We didn't have to worry about bugs getting into our condo though. The tennis courts are in perfect condition. The free 2 chair umbrellas on the beach were a great touch. We met some lovely people. We felt very safe with the location and security. The age range of people staying at the Club was quite varied which made it nice. The condos are quiet and very clean. The staff was outstanding. They were always speaking to us and recommended fantastic places to dine. I highly recommend staying at this condo resort. It seems to be a little older complex, but very well maintained.It is on Holiday Isle which is close to many of the nicer restaurants in Destin. Just a short drive to shopping. Holiday Surf & Racquet Club was a delightful place to stay. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome.

Room Tip: If we return to this complex, we would like to stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne J
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I planned a beach get away following our daughter's wedding. Unit #613 was updated and could not have been decorated more attractively. The bed was comfortable, television was great including DVD player, as was balcony (screened in) view of the ocean. All the photos on VRBO were accurate. (Bring your own paper towels, coffee filters and an extra roll of toilet paper, however.) My husband made use of the fitness facility. We were able to use the computer in the lobby when wireless did not seem to work in unit. There was a large selection of DVD's to borrow in rental office of Holiday Isle Properties, Inc. Nice outdoor pool, but no hot tub, tennis courts and shuffle board.

Room Tip: Decor varies by unit.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple