“Disapointed this year”

Sundestin Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Reviewed April 11, 2006

After staying at the Sundestin for many years it seems many of the units must be in need of updating and repairs. I made my reservations well in advance and asked for a platinum unit and was told all the unit were very nice and there were no platinum units available.. OK... In September? After laborday. When we arrived we got a shabby condo with torn wallpaper and limp bedspreads, broken decorative items, We didn't mind too much because we love staying where everything is so convienent and the staff is always nice and polite, and there was a lovely view from our 7th floor unit. They brought up a working mirowave within an hour after we reported the nonworking one in the unit. We may give the Sundestin another chance this season, but if we don't get a better unit I will definitely not stay in a shabby one this time.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Sundestin Beach Resort

Natchitoches, LA
Reviewed March 6, 2006

We typically stay at the Sun Destin Resort every summer. I have two teenagers, so it's great for them as well as for us. I like the idea of being able to get a hamburger, pizza, frozen drink and a cold beer when the beach is right there! Across from a Water Park, lots of shops and not far from "The Back Porch"! Try the Blacken Mai-Mai, it is to die for! They have a game room and a place to shoot pool. It's really great for the family.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2006

Our family have stayed at the sundestin for 3 years. My kids enjoy the inside pool and love riding the elevator "all the way to the top". It is a good resort for the money in my opinion, but the rooms could use a little updating. Don't expect anything fancy-just a great family beach condo. I would definetly go back-it's good for the money.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 7, 2005

For those of you in which this was your first visit to Destin you will never know what is missing. While it's still a lovely place, the beaches are nothing compared to what they were just a few years ago. We realized it right away but were amazed at comparing picture from a previous trip three years ago. Nearly forty feet of beach is gone. One obvious draw back is there is little beach walking space anymore. When you walk the beach you are right up on the chairs and then the water, it is so different than before. This is the third time we have stayed at SunDestin and we have always enjoyed it and found it a nice place for the money. The new bridge to the beach is much bigger than the old one which was distroyed by hurricanes. SunDestin is a great place for families during peak season. I read they were considering some beach renovation, I hope they do it as I'm afraid in a decade or so there will be no beach left. Very sad.

11  Thank St_LouisKathy
Memphis, TN
Reviewed November 1, 2005

We stayed at Sundestin back in August and have nothing but good to say!!! The room we stayed in was a platinum room which was BREATHTAKING!!! And the views are amazing. The cleanliness of the room and condo itself was in amazing shape....a + to the housekeeping staff. Whenever we needed a towel replacement or anything, they were there very quickly and were VERU friendly. The front desk staff was very pleasent and sweet. The young girl who checked me in was very professional and seemed very knowledgable, even though she was "newer", as she told me. Beach service was fantastic! I did not mind paying extra, as it would have been included in my payment if we stayed at a hotel that "came with free" bezach service. Very nice young men servicing the beach. All in all a PLEASENT experience. I would def. visit again!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed August 20, 2005

We stayed at the Sundestin for the first time. It was actually our first trip to Destin. The Sundestin is great! You get the comforts of a condo with the ammenities of a hotel. A must if you have kids. We did have a problem with our rate when we checked in but I provided them with my reservation that I had printed off the internet and all was resolved quickly. The rooms were very clean and you can't beat the location if you like to be in the middle of everything. I talked with people who stayed at other places and they said this was by far the best value. We will return next year and stay here for sure!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member