“Still Wonderful even up High!!!”

Sundestin Beach Resort
Ranked #15 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My family and I visited Destin Florida for my 50th birthday and it was great!!!! I love this place. I decided at the last minute that this is where I wanted to spend my birthday and with the help of Wyndam Vacation Rentals(formerly ResortQuest) I was able to get a condo on the beach with a discount. It was wonderful!!! We stayed in 1204. I've never been this high before anywhere and the view was lovely. The room was immaculate. There were 3 adults and we were all comfortable. I love this place.

Room Tip: Higher floor have better views all around.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

As a last minute hometown getaway, we decided to check out Sun Destin. I was surprised at the low low rates. We had a very nice one bedroom with two bunks in the hall, 2 baths, nice kitchen and a lovely view. The pool and arcade were fun as well.. I'm sure we will stay here again. Front lobby had easy checkin which is always a plus!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at SunDestin, & boy were we in for a shock. The 1st two stays were awesome, but our 3rd trip was a nightmare. Because of miscommunication we did not get the condo we reserved. While in the long run, after 2-HOURS of trying to find another suitable unit, we found a nice one. BUT...we also found some nasty ones! Several smelled like old, wet dogs, several only had a very thin spread on the bed, no blanket (front desk does not offer blankets or comforters, only throw), one unit had visible mold growing on the walls & by air ducts (smelled like mold too) & at least two were painted horrible colors. We highly recommend units 710 & 302. There are also some really nice ones on upper floors. WARNING WARNING unit 708 was NASTY! So be careful when reserving your unit. Carefully look at the pictures of each unit & ask plenty of questions. If you get a good unit you will love it. If you don't it will make you want to cry. ON A POSITIVE NOTE: Staff are very helpful & friendly, they accommodate you & take great measures to make you happy. The food is really good, we recommend the homemade pizza (Justin in the bar/restaurant is AWESOME), the pool areas are spotless, & the beach is amazing. Get a good unit & enjoy. Even with the problem we had we will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mikelisathomasson
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a nice condo type room with a balcony view of the beach. The room had a kitchen and 2 bathrooms and it was in a very convenient location. Very nice place to stay if you're traveling with children.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay in a condo to cut the cost of having to eat out so much while on vacation. I researched for a long time before I decided on the Sundestin. I was a little concerned because I read some bad reviews but the condo we decided to book was very nice! I was not disappointed!!! We stayed in unit 1104 and i have to say that this was the nicest place we have ever stayed!!!!! It was decorated just like our actual home!!!!! It was very warm and inviting!! This is an older resort but it is still VERY nice!! It is reasonably priced and everyone is soooo helpful and nice!! You get a free movie card and can rent two videos a night!! Since we went in late August there was not alot of crowd or congestion! I cannot say enough great things about unit 1104! There is a video of the unit on youtube. Just search Sundestin unit 1104. The only difference in the video and the actual unit is they have updated the TV to a flat screen!! The bed was great and the furniture was so nice and upscale!! The kitchen was fully stocked and when I say fully stocked I mean you don't have to bring ANYTHING!! We stayed 4 nights and had more than enough linens! The only thing they ask you to bring is your own beach towels which was more than ok with us! We have a pool at home so we have plenty of beach towels. We will gladly be back for unit 1104!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank The-Duchess14
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My family of four stayed in Condo 814. It was extremely clean and beautiful. The view overlooking the beach and the gulf of Mexico was stunning. They had an outside pool, an inside pool, tiki bars, grills, arcade, restaurant and gift shop on site. For the adults, Nightly activities such as karaoke and live music at the tiki hut ensued depended on the night. We will definitely stay at this resort again. It was honestly worth the money to feel at 'home.' Only con is cribs and/or play pens are an additional fee of $10-20 a night. After a week stay, that adds up!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank RNmama09
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just returned from week in condo 1708 and was not impressed at all. The condo needs updating and deep cleaning. It is very obvious that the Sun Destin also needs some updating. The pool and outside bar area are outdated and nasty looking. This facility definitely seen better days.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends