“Excellent location and great view of the beach.”

Sundestin Beach Resort
Ranked #15 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a nice condo type room with a balcony view of the beach. The room had a kitchen and 2 bathrooms and it was in a very convenient location. Very nice place to stay if you're traveling with children.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay in a condo to cut the cost of having to eat out so much while on vacation. I researched for a long time before I decided on the Sundestin. I was a little concerned because I read some bad reviews but the condo we decided to book was very nice! I was not disappointed!!! We stayed in unit 1104 and i have to say that this was the nicest place we have ever stayed!!!!! It was decorated just like our actual home!!!!! It was very warm and inviting!! This is an older resort but it is still VERY nice!! It is reasonably priced and everyone is soooo helpful and nice!! You get a free movie card and can rent two videos a night!! Since we went in late August there was not alot of crowd or congestion! I cannot say enough great things about unit 1104! There is a video of the unit on youtube. Just search Sundestin unit 1104. The only difference in the video and the actual unit is they have updated the TV to a flat screen!! The bed was great and the furniture was so nice and upscale!! The kitchen was fully stocked and when I say fully stocked I mean you don't have to bring ANYTHING!! We stayed 4 nights and had more than enough linens! The only thing they ask you to bring is your own beach towels which was more than ok with us! We have a pool at home so we have plenty of beach towels. We will gladly be back for unit 1104!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank The-Duchess14
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My family of four stayed in Condo 814. It was extremely clean and beautiful. The view overlooking the beach and the gulf of Mexico was stunning. They had an outside pool, an inside pool, tiki bars, grills, arcade, restaurant and gift shop on site. For the adults, Nightly activities such as karaoke and live music at the tiki hut ensued depended on the night. We will definitely stay at this resort again. It was honestly worth the money to feel at 'home.' Only con is cribs and/or play pens are an additional fee of $10-20 a night. After a week stay, that adds up!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank RNmama09
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just returned from week in condo 1708 and was not impressed at all. The condo needs updating and deep cleaning. It is very obvious that the Sun Destin also needs some updating. The pool and outside bar area are outdated and nasty looking. This facility definitely seen better days.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 2bornot2b822
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The resort could be amazing, but sadly is not. I spent days on-line picking out the perfect condo for my family. We had stayed at the Sundestin a few years prior and had a great experience so we booked an amazing room--1206. Big screen TV, gorgeous furniture, Jacuzzi tub, and most important beautiful view. On arrival we are given room 206--not even close to the room I booked. Front desk said that 1206 was not available, guests in the room and guests due to arrive the next day. I studied the room everyday from the beach and never seen lights, movement--appeared vacant to me. I work in lodging, so I know guests can get things wrong, I booked it correctly and gave the reservationist the room I wished to rent. Nothing was said to make me think we'd not get the room we rented. Could the reservationist made a clerical error taking reservation? Easy mistake 1206\206--I sincerely hope Sundestin does not show potential guests beautiful rooms with gorgeous views and give them what I received- a room overlooking the roof of the indoor pool and part of the outdoor pool so that other guests stare at you when you use your balcony. One more thing about the room I chose to rent--1206-- the balcony had a bar with raised chairs so you could actually see over the railing. The balcony was also distinctive for the wood decoration surrounding the base of its roof--easy to pick out from the beach. Immediately after we checked-in I spoke with the front desk supervisor [although I had asked for the property manager] she brushed me off. Early the next day same story--another young woman gave me the brush off. My advise, when you receive e-mail confirmation of condo rental insist a room number be included at least they would have had to apologize sincerely had I been able to prove which room I rented. The rest of the stay we made pleasant although our room was right next to the housekeepers supply room--could be noisy in the morning, but I'm an early riser--I like to drink my coffee and look at the view--wait I couldn't people were staring at me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Brandy F
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The resort is a high rise condo (18 floors I believe) on the beach. Great location in Destin. Close to restaurants, fast food, grocery stores and go cart racing!

The hotel itself was okay. It is a vacation rental hotel, lots of volume, people coming in for a week or two stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

We were on the 18th floor in a 2 bedroom. The unit was nice, ac worked well and we enjoyed it overall. Beds were good, kitchen well equipped and had a nice living room. It was a bit strange with one bedroom. It had a window that looked out into the hallway. The kitchen also did. Just a bit weird.

The resort had free DVD rentals - was nice to grab one for some down time.

We rented a few chairs and umbrella on the beach. Price was well worth it. If you rent for multiple days, the price is better and you get closer to the front row of umbrellas.

The sand is absolutely amazing. The best I believe I've ever seen. The water was 80 degrees and very nice. I had a great time jumping waves and simply hanging out in the water.

I would stay here again. Not a luxury resort, but a nice family stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JimB271
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Location, beach and overall experience was good. Guys running the beach were great and very hard workers. Pool was clean and there is also a hot tub. We were in 316 and booked a non-smoking room. The door even said it was non-smoking. When we arrived, the room had a VERY strong odor of smoke. There were even smoked cigarettes on the balcony. Immediately complained to front desk. They said they would send housekeeping but no one ever showed. My impression is that they maintain the public areas but you are on your own if you have any room issues. After 3 days, everything in the room smelled of smoke. I will say that 316 is a little on the dated side and had no real view of the water unless you stand just right on the balcony.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family