Sundestin Beach Resort
$252
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$215
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
$239
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$204
$184
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$256
$229
Fairfield Inn
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$189
$161
CandlewoodSuites
$179
$174
All reviewssun destinoutdoor poolfree movie rentalsmonth of februaryliving roomsplash padcoffee filtersgulf viewfull size kitchenbring your ownhot tuban umbrellaonsite restaurantnice resortdish soapup to dategreat place for families
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I rented this condo by chance , it was one of the only resorts that had vacancy. I called the resort quest hotline to book it. I wanted to book a 2 bedroom for my family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids ages 2,8,15), but they were all booked up, the rep offered a 1 bedroom , w/ a queen sofa sleeper , also gave me a website , to look at pics. I hesitantly booked it , thinking it would be to small. When we I arrived , I was nervous , but upon entering room 211 , my worries were put to rest. The condo was really nice , and very clean. The king size bed was large , and the bathrooms were clean also (except for soap scum on the shower curtain). The balcony overlooked the beach , beautiful view. It was more than enough room. We were also able to rent a crib for the little one ($12/per day). There is a large flat screen tv in the living room, along,with a dvd player and radio. The bed room is ok , comfortable bed ,flat screen tv, storage space , and a 1/2 bathroom that connects to the full bathroom. The kitchen is fully equipped for preparation of meals, plates , glasses, pots , pans , utensils , etc. The condo had common wear and tear , but nothing to complain about. My only issue is the odor of the condo ....... there was a ugly smell, especially when leaving and returning. I don't know what it was , i tried to pinpoint it , but couldn't. The location of the resort is great , everything you need is close by....... Walmart , waterpark, go-karts, and tons of places to eat. I would definitely stay here again. Also , the beach is great , and not to crowded, and they offer complimentary dvd rentals! (Aug. 2-6th)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed @ SunDestin for a week and upon walking in our room, 1114, we were amazed at how nice the room looked. The room was decorated with modern furniture throughout the whole place. In addition, although we didn't have a beach front room, the partial view from the balcony was amazing!! The balcony can we entered from either living room or the master bedroom which was a plus we enjoyed. The place also featured a full kitchen with a refrigerator with ice maker and an automatic dish washer. We had everything we needed for a week's vacation! It was like a home away from home within walking distance from the beach. The room also had a half bath room accessible from the master bed room. To sum it up, we really enjoyed the room and plan on choosing this room from now on when we visit destin. As far as the hotel, the Staff at Sun Destin was great as well. Easy check in and check out's. The resort also has a restaurant, however, we only had drinks which were decent. The resort also offers commentary nightly DVD rentals. The only cons of the resorts is that the fitness room needs updated treadmills and the game room is small and over priced for the games that are available. Other than this I would recommend this resort based off room 1114 to my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in condo 1410 at SunDestin from 7/20 - 7/27. This is an older but still very nice resort. The building was clean and the staff were very friendly. We didn't eat in the grill but others said it was very good. The drinks in the bar were tasty and not too expensive. They even had beach service for the bar/grill. The pool was very clean every day. The children's water park area was not available during our stay due to a maintenance problem. The beach was perfect and the chair/umbrella service was prompt and efficient. The only issue we had was with noise. 1410 is a one-bedroom condo and the bedroom has a window right out to the hallway. Each night there was constant traffic in the hall with loud talking, kids running, etc., sometimes until after 2am. On Wednesday night of our stay the security guard banged on our door at 3am. We didn't answer since he was knocking on other doors next to us and obviously didn't know where the actual problem was. We had been asleep since 10pm and no one else was in our condo. We called the front desk in the morning to speak to the manager but he wasn't available. A message was left to call us but he never returned it. The next night at 11:30pm someone knocked on our door then ran off. If you're a light sleeper, as I am, this would not be an ideal condo unless you don't mind going to bed at 3am each night. It was a little aggravating for me because I like to go down to the beach early and I was doing that on very little sleep each day. Other than the noise issue everything else was fine. If you sleep like the dead, or stay up very late each night, than this resort will be a good match for you.

Room Tip: Balcony entrance rather than hallway entrance might be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank superd296
Reviewed July 23, 2013

For a family traveling with four teens, this place was perfect! This is a "resort" with plenty of activities to keep the entire family busy. Our kids had a blast and never had to leave the resort other than heading out to the beach. The suites are a bit dated, but well taken care and stocked with all the comforts of home (which is a good thing when traveling with kids...some of these resorts can seem so stuffy). The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times (we arrived 8 hours before check in time and they scrambled to get us into our suite early). There is also a million dollar view from every balcony.

The building seems to be safe and secure and security guards can be seen patrolling on a regular basis. I felt comfortable allowing the kids to go off on their own. There are variety of restaurants within walking distance and plenty of grocery stores to stock your kitchen.

The city of Destin offers a lot to do and still has a "small town" feel. The sand is the prettiest I've seen and we've been to A LOT of beach destinations. The really cool thing is that the sand will never get hot, no matter what the temperature it's still cool on your feet.

I can't say enough good things about the Sundestin. Overall it was an excellent experience for our family. The kids say this is the best vacation they've had so far. However, this is the first time they've both been allowed to bring a friend along!

Room Tip: We stayed oceanside but had friends staying oceanfront. You would think that oceanfront view would be better, but I like the oceanside view better (and the cost is less).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and our three kids were very impressed with our stay here during our wedding week. We had been told by a travel agent we needed to spend 3,000 for a nice condo for a week in July. However, we took the chance with Sundestin since it was more affordable. We stayed in room 309 and were extremely pleased with our room, the pool, our view, location, and staff friendliness. It is located near walmart, target, and everything else you would need. It was not overly loud at night and we didn't have to fight for chairs at the pool. I really don't have a single complaint. All of the appliances were nice and new. The décor was very welcoming and beach appropriate. There were many mirrors also which worked out perfectly on our wedding day! Hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family