“Beautiful beaches in Destin! Condo adequate value for the money!”

Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Resort
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We rented Hidden Dunes # 180 in the cottages. Nicely decorated, spacious unit with 2bed, 2 bath and patio. Buyer Beware however. All week we listened to the renters upstairs / heavy footfalls that shook the rafters. It was so annoying that I would never rent another ground floor unit , EVER!

Also, this unit did not come with umbrella/beach chairs so we had to pay a small fortune daily, $30 per setup cash! Our friends who rented in Gulfside had free chairs! In addition, I would have expected salt/pepper, dishwasher soap (especially when they expect dishes to b washed on your final day), laundry soap and bar soap to be included in unit.

On our final day, we discovered there are pools behind the unit. There are walking paths and beautiful new pools w waterfalls. No one told us about any of these amenities at Resorts Realty!!!!

Overall, good value for the money. Not the most upscale place I have ever stayed but decent. Also, security was good here which kept the riffraff out!

Places to go for dinner include AJs which is a busy place on the waterfront w entertainment and things for kids to do.

Loved that the outlet mall and Starbucks !were in walking distance

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Resort

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Both the guests and the tennis staff at Hidden Dunes are passionate about tennis! The staff in the pro shop are especially helpful in setting up matches if you need a game and the instructional competence is high. That said, this is a resort that definitely caters to the "senior" crowd. Not much singles play and the average age of the players is probably 70. Just keep that in mind if you don't fit that demographic.

Room Tip: I did not stay at this resort, only came here to participate in the tennis program.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillWaring1953
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Go to Hidden Dunes! It is a beautiful community close to lots of activities, shopping and dining, but out of the congestion of central Destin. In addition to the Gulf of Mexico and tennis courts, there are a lake and an extensive water feature, as well as beautifully landscaped and maintained grounds. Gulfside is a highrise right on the beach; beach villas are one step back from the beach; and cottages a little farther away.

Just look carefully at the details and pictures of the unit you plan to book. Several different companies manage properties in the resort. They have different standards, and the quality of the units varies greatly. Some have been updated, and some are in need of serious attention. We stayed in Gulfside 1102 - apparently Resort Quest does not require much. The whole unit is "dated" and "worn" - cabinets/counters, floors, walls. Bed linens were the lowest thread count I've ever seen; toilet function needed to be addressed; tv's were from the last century (and we had to connect the one in the living room to cable). We learned that there are great units, too. They would be well worth the extra dollars. The negatives below pertain only to the unit we stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank tyandgypsy
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Destin has long been a vacation destination for my family, and we've stayed in many great places. Hidden Dunes really delivered. The community was lovely and inclusive without being overwhelming or too touristy. We had fantastic accommodations looking right at the beach, which was, of course, pure white sand. They're tennis facility was very well-maintained and manicured. I had the benefit of hitting with two of their pros, Phil and Mikey. I've worked with many tennis pros over the course of my life, and they were the most involved and interested in making sure I got maximum attention and instruction for the time I was with them. If I had a complaint, it's that they only offered green clay courts. I'm a partial to hard courts, but that's really a personal preference more then a critique.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Topher C
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We rented a 2bd 2 ba condo from resort quest at the last minute for a three day weekend. I have been to many islands in the Caribbean and to most areas in Florida but this was my first trip to Destin. I loved the beach here, the water was clear and a beautiful green , I felt like I was on an island. The water was so calm, we enjoyed watching the dolphins one morning while we were swimming. The condo was unit 404 and was nice and clean. It was a bit dated but what I loved about the unit was it had its own ice maker !!!! We had a few maintenance issues and called resort quest and they had maintenance there within the hour. We had beautiful views from our balcony. The only thing I would lik to see is a restaurant and bar on site. There is no where to walk to for lunch or dinner. We enjoyed going to eat at harbor village and Baytowne which are a short drive.. AJs is a great place for music and night life but food and service are not good. Kids enjoyed fudpuckers, but there were too many kids for us to stay very long. We also parasailed it was great trip!!!

Room Tip: High floor and not by the elevtor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank peyton0018
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed in cottage 210, which was second floor but well maintained and clean. The pool was probably 40 yards from the front door and access to the beach by walking was probably like 150-200 yards however they provide shuttle service through much of the day. The grounds were well cleaned and maintained. We were there when the waves were very high so our youngest stayed in the pool while our older daughters stayed around the beach, in short everyone was happy!! The pool area was neat and clean and in general I felt like it was a great bargain especially for a family with the multiple bedrooms and baths. Like all rentals it could probably use a little more attention to upgraded decor. Location was killer 2 minutes to shopping and alot of great resturants within 10 min. Grills are located close to the rentals so you could burn your own steaks. By far the best vacation our family has had and the resort contributed to that.

Room Tip: Cottages begining with 200 are second floor, which is ok if you are ok with steps.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Jim1776
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Its my first time staying at Hidden Dunes #126 and I have to say its a great location.... walking distance to the beach and also had a tram service to take us back and from our cottage to beach. I didnt like how the tennis court was not available unless you pay additional fee. As for as the condition of the place. Its a bit dated. The furnitures need to be updated and bed comforter doesnt seem to be as clean as it should. ... we killed a few roaches also. I will definitely come back again if the negative things I pointed out are addressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family