Pelican Beach 1403- Condo was very nice. We were very happy with it… for a few hours. Turned the air on when we got there and noticed it was a little loud but figured it was because it we just turned it on and it was working hard to cool off. As the night went on, it got louder and louder. None of us slept the first night. When we called the management company the next morning, it was obvious they already knew of the a/c problem but still let us stay in that condo. The second night we were moved to another condo. The third day we were moved into, you guessed it, ANOTHER condo. In our 4 night stay, we slept in 3 different condos. When you have 5 people’s luggage and 4 days worth of food to move, it doesn’t make for an easy move. Our entire Saturday was ruined because we were waiting on the Southern Vacation Rentals office to get our next condo ready for us to move in. It took us a half a day to get packed and unpacked again. We weren’t settled in anywhere until the last day of our vacation. By that point, we were disgusted. We completely understand that things happen and a/c units DO break. However, when you pay the amount of money we spent for these condos and you are inconvenienced by having to move 3 times, you should be well compensated. We fought with Southern Vacation Rentals for 5 days and they wouldn’t budge off of giving us any more than a 10% discount. I’d like to see how the Management at SVR would like it if this happened to them on their vacations. You come on vacation to relax and you spend 3 of your 4 days on the phone getting moved around everywhere and all you get is $30 off your condo a night when we paid $315 a night is a slap in the face. They felt that we were compensated enough by being moved out of 1403 but they aren’t taking into consideration how much time and effort it took to stay on the phone to make these arrangements and how much time it took to move all over the place. We will NEVER use this rental company again! The condos are fantastic, the Management is NOT.
And might I add that we were told that 1403 had a washer and dryer but it did NOT. There is a community wash area down the hall. Also, when we got there the ice machine was turned off in our freezer and we discovered that there is no community ice machines at these condos. We had no idea we needed to provide our own ice. Even Motel 8’s have ice machines. That needs to be added to the “Things you bring” section in your fancy smartphone app.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Beach Resort and Conference Center and the Terrace at Pelican Beach are located in the heart of Destin. Pelican Beach Resort includes 340 gulf-front and gulf-view condominium units, 19 floor high-rise with 1 and 2 bedroom units. The Terrace includes 95 units lakefront views with 2 and 3 bedroom condominium units.Guests at either property can use the facilities at both, which include 3 large pools, one kiddie pool, two hot tubs, two fitness centers, two saunas, tennis, and an arcade/game room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Resorts of Pelican Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resorts Of Pelican Beach Hotel Destin
- Pelican Beach Resort Destin