“Simply the best...and a good value too”

Destin Princess Party Boat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Alpharetta
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Simply the best...and a good value too”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our 3rd time with them, and we will return. They are professional and always deliver a great time. Don't waste money on a dolphin cruise...and just sit there. Take the Destin Princess boats and you will see dolphins...because they try to steal the fish directly from your line. You likely will also see sharks and other fish too. You will catch plenty of fish...and then afterwards they will filet them and you can take them home for dinner. Given the price of fish in the supermarket, it is a tidy savings. One of the more memorable family experiences you will have in Destin. Everyone will have a great time.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Thom1962

Chapel Hill, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Blame it on your paying customer!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Let me first say that deep sea fishing once a year at the beach is my all time favorite activity...however we will NEVER use the Destin Princess again, this used to be a really great boat that cared about their paying customers (15 years ago). My father-in-law booked our fishing trip, in advance and in person to ensure that there would be no issues however the morning we arrived, 30 minutes early as requested, we were told the boat had already left 30 minutes prior to our arrival. We were then informed that they attempted to call us 9 times and she went over the times of the calls to satisfy our disappointment. Only problem, she wrote the number down incorrectly and blamed it on us!!! We asked her to recite the phone number to us when we booked the reservation and we were told "oh we've got it"...NOOOO, THEY DIDN'T!! Needless to say they didn't even try to resolve this issue that was completely their fault and gave us terrible attitude about it. I have fished the Destin Princess multiple time over the course of 15+ years and this was by far the most disappointing experience with them in which we will never return and I would advise that you not patron them either!! I do however recommend The Swoop, they made exceptions for us and were positive and friendly and wanted to make sure that I had my enjoyable once a year fishing trip, and I enjoyed every second!!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank sStone0508
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Deep Sea Fishing Fun”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Had a great time on this boat. Water was a little rough and I had to nap on the way home so that I didn't get sick so take some Dramamine! One of the guys, working on the boat, was more than happy to bait my pole with the best bait on the boat every cast. Even though I already had some. We caught nice sized red snapper and grouper. Saw lots of dolphins. Even fished in the rain. It was extreme fishing in the rain but this was a very memorable fishing trip! They filleted my fish when I got off the boat for free. And even let us hold our catchings and take a pic with it for free! Highly recommended! Boat was filled to the max and we were still able to fish shoulder to shoulder. Got caught up a few times because of the wind but if you listen to the instructions and pull the slack when you cast, you will catch a ton of fish!

Visited June 2013
Fairhope, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great value for us 99%ers”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you can afford your own charter for $200 per hour, my compliments. For the rest of us, there's the Destin Princess and the Destiny party boats.

I have been out on these boats many times and have just about always had a really good time. Went out twice on my last trip to Destin. Caught 60lbs of fish on the 6 hour trip and 44 lbs of fish on the 8 hour trip. Mostly mingo snapper but some amberines and triggerfish as well. $75 plus $40 for tip and fish cleaning (on each trip) and I came home with 10 gallon bags (half) full of fish.

Bring your own food and drinks and expect a two hour ride out to the first fishing hole.

I said I just about always had a good time. I did get really seasick on a very rough October day out on the Gulf a few years ago (four to six foot seas forecast - was worse at times when we actually got out there). Get a motion sickness patch instead of dramamine if you think you might need it. Of course, this was no fault of the captain and crew. They have always been top notch. They do a good job when the boat is crowded, but one of the best trips I had was when there were only about 18 people on the trip,

I highly recommend giving them a try.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Puttin4birdie
Muldrow, Oklahoma
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“A good choice for a fishing trip”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We (five of us) looked at doing a private charter, but for less than half the price we chose the Destin Princess instead. Its a group boat, there were about 33 or so on board. We did the 4 hour afternoon trip, took about an hour to get to first fishing spot. We caught some right away, when it slowed the capt. moved on to a different spot, caught fish at every stop. Helpful crew, had a good time, caught our limit. They clean the fish for 35 cents a pound, so for 10 bucks they cleaned our catch. Nothing too fancy, no snack bar, bring your own ice chest for drinks and snacks. I recommend that you give them a try.

Visited June 2013