“Great Time”

Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Time”
Reviewed September 11, 2007

My Daughter and I spent 4 days, there after Labor Day, with her dog, and had a Wonderful time.
The weather was fine, and the water was warm and calm.
I plan on going back in a month for a few more early fall days.
Fred.

• Liked — The room was large and clean
  • Disliked — no internet access
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank FredJacobs2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mississippi
Reviewed July 14, 2007

This is my third time to stay at this Motel 6 and it is the only motel I have ever stayed in that I actually got some sleep. No loud doors slamming, no people coming and going all hours of the night. It is also in a good location and easy to find. Room was clean and everything worked properly. However I would agree that the employees should speak better English. Hard to understand but friendly. Will stay again....

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank mscrave57
Dublin
Reviewed June 17, 2007

it was terrible. i hated it. it smelled horrible.i didn't want to take a shower. it smelled like a monkey's butt. the only thing that would make this hotel some what good is if you were staying with a really hott greek god. like that would ever happen. the service was terrible. all the workers couldn't speak english and they couldn't give me directions anywhere. it tells me that they don't care much about where their workers come from because i think they just picked them up off the streets of Mexico. this place was awful. please don't ever stay there. ever. i think it was haunted by the people that died in the hotel because of the bad smell. i'm telling you not to stay there. please.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank hookalaka-kiwi

Travelers are raving about these Destin hotels

texas
Reviewed March 15, 2007

recently renovated- better than before- it has sort of a private pool area- great for minimal swimswear- wore a g string out there a couple of days- it's ok with management....

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank ted
Houston, Tx
Reviewed October 10, 2006

My dh and I usually stay in Motel 6's for the value. This was no exception. The location is great. Right across the street from the beaches and lots of restaurants nearby. The room was very simple and clean. Nothing special, but I guess that's what you pay for. Everything worked except for the remote control. When were on vacation, we don't spend much time in the motel anyway. Were too busy swimming and doing stuff. It's basically just a place to shower and sleep, and this Motel 6 does the job. If your one to spend lots of time in your hotel room, then you might want something more extravagant, but for $60 bucks a night, it's really not bad. Free coffee too!

Oh, and about that picture...it's just a general pic for Motel 6. It does not represent the actual place you'll be staying.

• Liked — Located close to beach
  • Disliked — Not many ammenities
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank MermaidD
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 13, 2005

My fiancee and I stayed at the Motel 6 in Destin the weekend of August 7,8, & 9. We paid for our room online through orbitz. We were happy to see the great location and price. When we arrived to check in the parking lot was filled with lots of shady looking men standing around staring at us. Then once we went in to pick up our keys the price mysteriously jumped up $20 a night from what we had paid online. Needing a place to sleep we went ahead and paid. The room had no amenities and the floor was dirty. Our neighbor was nice but her neighbor had cases on top of cases of empty beer cans stacked into a beer-a-mid right by the window. That was the second clue as to what kind of night we were in for. Later that night around 4:00AM the whole parking lot as well as our second floor balcony became party central. The loud music and construction workers with the girlfriends they had made that night at the bar continued to blast until dawn. Not one apology was given . We will never stay there again, nor advise anyone else to.

Stayed August 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cabot, Arkansas
Reviewed August 10, 2005

First of all let me start with where did the picture come from for this motel? My family stayed at the Motel 6 on our trip to Orlando in 2003 and had a bad experience, but I thought that I would give it a second chance on our return trip to Orlando this year. I had reservations for the 7-28-2005 and we arrived a day early so that that we could relax at the beach before our trek to WDW. I arrived at 1000 pm and checked in knowing that I would have to move the next day because I was a day early. We carried our luggage up to the room on the second floor and opened the door to find that the bed was not made, towels laying on the floor, a whiskey bottle on the counter along with a pill bottle. I spoke with the front desk and was told "sorry." I got my money back along with cancelling my reservation for the next night and stayed at the Clarion Inn. Paid a little more but it was well worth the extra cost. I have now had two bad experiences with this place and I assure you that there will not be a third.

• Stayed July 2005