Motel 6 Destin
$269
$249
$308
$269
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$215
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
$239
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$204
$184
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$256
$229
Fairfield Inn
$313
$252
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$189
$161
CandlewoodSuites
$179
$174
Hotels.com
All reviewswalking distancestove tophouse keepingbeds were comfortablenice poolharborwalkratesboardwalk
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We arrived at Motel 6 to find out our reservations had been canceled and had to wait until 6p.m. to get our room. The a/c in the room was cool not cold. Our room did not get cold until 3:00 a.m. when the sun came up it was hot again. The beds were falling apart and was very noisy. The motel kept running out of towels and the rooms did not get cleaned.Very little parking, trash receptacles were over flowing outside and the employees were very rude. The last day of our stay we were awakend to the police making a drug bust in the room below us. The outside of the hotel is in need of major repair.

2  Thank sippigurl
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here after checking out of another hotel that was double the price and nowhere near as friendly and found it to be very nice. We first noticed that the staff was very nice and the room was even better. The room was very clean and up to date. They didn't have a mini frig but it was worth the sacrifice and we had a cooler we had taken on the beach so that wasn't a problem for the price it was well worth it.I'm not affiliated with this chain in any fashion and don't know anyone that works for a motel 6 but they were wonderful compared to where we were. I highly recomend this motel they are a good example that you can pay less and get your moneys worth and then some.

1  Thank anita99x
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed at this motel 3 or 4 times over the years. My most recent stay was at the end of July for a week. On my previous stays, the rooms were always clean and comfortable. My wife and I didn't really have any complaints. However, this time we had a few problems. The staff was friendly and accommodating for the most part, the pool was decent, and the exterior of the motel was clean but far from fancy. Our complaints start with the room. There were several areas of the ceiling that were peeling paint, the bathroom was so small that the door hit the toilet each time that you close the door, the shower curtain had mildew growing on it, and our mattress had mildew on it underneath the sheet. It was pretty disgusting to say the least. We should have requested a different room but didn't. Finally, we couldn't get any extra towels because they workers at the front desk said that they were out. We were also only given only 1 room key because they said that they were out of them as well. Overall, I am pretty put off after my most recent stay. I would stay again, but I would look at the room before I took anything inside.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you unpack!
2  Thank bstgolfer1
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The hotel in and of itself is very basic, but great location to dining and night life in Destin. Have stayed there many times over the years and have consistently had great customer service. Myself and two of my friends booked a room this past weekend but had a sudden death in the family and the attendants on duty were extremely accomodating, sympathetic and helpful. With the circumstances and tragedy that took place only hours after check-in, they immediately let us checkout with a full refund. Will definately continue to stay at the Motel 6 for trips to the Destin area!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Checked in a 4pm room was not ready in spite of the fact you need to be checked out by 10. I ask to use the restroom and was told no public restroom, nor is there one at the pool. So I guess people don't get out of the pool to pee, I guess?
I get the room, there are not towels in it, as I was told at check in and would get them ASAP. Of course I had to call to remind them. Go to take a shower and no Soap. I call down to the front... she says: ha no problem, come and get it. Really? It is raining and she wants me to come get it. This place is run down and not worth 50 bucks a night in my opinion. The Internet is charged per day BTW. The carpet has not even been vacumed, there are toe nails from the last or maybe even prior to that on the carpet. I hope I dont get bed bugs here. The town is sold out in the 100 dollar range.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple