“Good value, don't get room in front of building” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Destin

Motel 6 Destin
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good value, don't get room in front of building”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Lots of outside noise if you get a room in the front of the building. Some guy had a motorcycle and left about 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night. Other than that, it was a descent room for what we paid for it. I'd stay again if I had a room on a quieter side of the building.

2 Thank skibum761

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Graham, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

I've had many good experiences with Motel 6, but this was not one of them. The room was not particularly clean, the bathroom needed replacing years ago and the toilet seat had so many deep scratches on it that it looked like someone had attacked it with a grinder! There were no towels in the room when we arrived, though the staff were very apologetic and resolved the problem immediately.

The room had a large old television, with a semi functioning remote control, but it was difficult to hear at a reasonable volume level, due to the amount of noise outside ranging from traffic to shouting to the constant thumpy bass of the music from a nearby store. The internet was broken and was to be fixed at some unknown time in the future.

The beds were very comfortable, as they always seem to be in Motel 6, we had constant hot water and the ac worked fine.

Overall the place is looking very tired and needs bringing up to date. I would have no complaints if it were a 30 buck motel, but $70 (inc tax) a night is too much for what you get here. Being the only budget place in the area doesn't mean it should let the generally good Motel 6 standards down due to lack of competition.

1 Thank unbias_review

Travelers are raving about these Destin hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

Felt like home as the staffs were nice and helpful. The location is very convinient and safe. I took my dog walking mornings and I don't think I need a vehicle. Italian, seafood, chinese, taco, mixed restaurants are so close.
The places are clean. Affordable price and wonderful place to stay. We enjoyed our fishing trip!!!!

1 Thank boinkee
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

I cant say many bad things about Motel 6 in Destin it is very close to the Jetties and right in between two dive shops the Motel staff is very professional , friendly and helpful the motel offers a continental breakfast and has wifi however it is not free but is not expensive not the best place to stay in destin but for a budget motel it is not a dump either.
in all Motel 6 a great value for familys on a budget.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank FrogManMike
Cinci, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

I should have known better. Although i've stayed in a few decent Motel 6's, I believe they are designed specifically for one-night accommodations. Anything beyond that and you will certainly begin to understand why the rooms are so cheap. Knowing this, I decided to book a one week stay. I was traveling east to Pensacola from New Orleans and decided to journey to the next few towns before settling on a hotel. Destin is a very quiet town, near the beach with plenty of shops, which is why I chose it. I wasn't able to secure a decent hotel on Priceline and I needed something cheap. I paid a bargain price of $29/nt, as a weekly rate. I believe the average nightly rate is about $50. The front desk staff was decent. Wireless cards are $3 but are only valid for 24-hrs. (Do the math.) The rooms in the front are very noisy due to traffic on US98. The rear isn't much different. It is adjacent to a mechanics shop (machinery) and residential homes (dogs). However, the rooms were clean enough and the hvac unit was comparable quiet. I was able to settle for all of this but what irritated me the most was the housekeeping staff. I did not want to be disturbed and I asked the front desk to notify the staff, as a DO NOT DISTURB sign was not available. The front desk assured my request would be handled. Apparently, it wasn't. Housekeeping startled me on several occasions by BEATING on my door to service my room. Had I wanted the service, I believe it is customary and courteous to lightly tap on the door. I contacted the front desk again and they seemed disinterested in my simple requirements. I'm not an unreasonable person by any means. I thought Destin would be a nice place to relax and gather my thoughts. If you desire to accomplish the same, I suggest spending a few extra bucks and staying at one of the still economical, independent Inns that will appreciate your patronage.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MikyMuff
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2009

i've stayed there several times before. It's about 5 minutes from Okaloosa Island. They have the typical live in manager that alot of Motel 6's have now,and they're really friendly and run a tight ship. I'm from Miami and used to wearing small type swimwear, like gstrings and thongs at the pool. THey were very cool with all of that, as well.... Like i said, a nice little place, to take your dogs and chill.....

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank destinloan
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

Although we had made our reservations online, we received another discount when checking in. Our room was clean, attractive, and motel was well maintained. We knew that we were not close to the beach when we made our reservations, but free parking was ample at the beach--no problems getting to the beach that had public shower and restroom facilities. We WERE within walking distance to several restaurants and to the HarborWalk Marina.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple