“Mixed bag, but good overall” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miller's Ale House Destin

Miller's Ale House Destin
Ranked #40 of 301 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Miller's Ale House restaurant provide top-quality food at a great value in a casual neighborhood tavern atmosphere. Choose between New York Strip, lobster, original pastas, fresh salads and favorites like Zingers(R) boneless wings and homemade desserts. Our full-service bar features more than 75 beers, plus wine and liquor.
Panama City, Florida
“Mixed bag, but good overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We got here late on a Friday night after a local high school football game, so they weren't super busy. It was pretty clean, and the greeter sat us right away.

The menu is family restaurant, but the bar is impressive. The place suffers a little from this mixed identity crisis. The staff were awesome, and helped to soften it, though.

There's no shortage of TVs in the bar area, and TONs of different beers on tap. The bartender mixed our drinks properly, and the waiter we had was awesome.

We ordered the lobster bisque in a bread bowl, and french onion soup in a bread bowl. The waiter (did I mention he was awesome?) warned us that the french onion soup would soak into the bread bowl, because of the kind of bread they used. I said that would be OK. I got exactly what he described, and as I said, for me, that was OK. It was delicious, as was the lobster bisque - we kept passing the soups back and forth.

My wife had the Zinger Salad, which is basically a salad with hot buffalo chicken tenders on top. She said it was very good, and she ate all of it. My son's dinner was the bisque, and there wasn't any left at the end of the meal (which is saying something - he doesn't like soup, usually). I ordered the ribeye steak.

Of all of the food on the table, mine was the only thing that was sub-par. The steak was "meh", although the seasoning was pretty good. It reminded me of the T-Bones at a waffle house. I love Waffle House, and the tbones you get there, but they are a little thin, and have grisle. This ribeye was like that.

So, overall, I would eat here again. It is good for families, and would be great for friends out for dinner and drinks. The price is about average for this kind of place, and we did not feel cheated at all. The staff was chipper and friendly, even though we were there very late. The menu is varied and interesting, and they have a good bar selection.

It's also easy to get into and out of, just turn at the light, and enter the shopping center like you're going to the bookstore, or the nearby Outback Steakhouse. Getting out was just as easy.

Florida Panhandle
“Good food, good service, great place for football.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our 3rd time here and we've had good food and service each time. Keep in mind it's a sports bar not Ruth's Chris. Finally got to have one of their burgers on this trip...wow, pretty darn good burger, juicy and on ciabatta bread. .95 cents for sweet potato upgrade but that is pretty standard now. Zingers are good for appetizer. Beer selection is good. I usually try to support the southern micro-breweries and they had a decent selection. Pensacola Bay, Lazy Magnolia, Abita, etc. Personally, as a beer snob, I'd like to see a bigger selection of IPA's and a Hefe or two.
Joey did a fine job of waiting, could tell he was trying really hard. He had a good suggestion on a new beer, thanks. Our appetizer (Zinger's) took longer than Joey thought they should have so he comp'd it. We didn't ask for him to do this but we did appreciate it.
Best part was the funnel cake fries for dessert. These are not listed on menu, you have to ask for them. I'm a funnel cake freak and these things are the bomb-diggity.

• Visited September 2013
Alcoa, Tennessee
“Miller's Ale is Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice "bar" yet still a family restaurant with seemingly more TV's than tables.

Ordered the night special, prime rib for only $12.99. Was very good along with a perfectly cooked baked potato. Spouse had the steak sandwich with mushrooms. It was very good too. The only bad thing about the entire meal was the over cooked onion rings. They felt and chewed like rubber.

We split a coconut cream pie afterwards, one of the best we'd ever had. The rest of the food looked good too, especially the cheese burger the couple across from us ordered. Ask for Jenny, she was really efficient and full of energy!

When we are back in town, we'll be sure to visit here again. Maybe this time we'll order the seafood platter. For those who complained about the relaxed dress codes, get a life. It's the Florida Panhandle for Pete's sake.

2 Thank Theyoung1
“Lived up to the reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Based on the reviews I read, my husband and I ate at Miller's Ale House twice, once for the rib special ($11) and again for the whole lobster special ($15?). The service was good and so was the food. I could have used some expert advice on taking apart the lobster . . . But other than that, it was worth it. Two other observations: my husband thought the beer was expensive ($4.95 for a glass) and they could have offered some bread with both meals. (The sautéed green beans were a little undercooked.) The dessert called Captain Jack's Buried Treasure was so yummy we had it both nights.

Visited August 2013
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Joey was our server and was wonderful. He was on top all our needs and was friendly, fun and fast. Great server! We really enjoyed the chicken nachos that we split - enormous order and very tasty. Overall, a great dining experience.