“Great food, but watch out for Frau Bleucher”
Review of Miller's Ale House

Miller's Ale House
Ranked #41 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Miller's Ale House restaurant provide top-quality food at a great value in a casual neighborhood tavern atmosphere. Choose between New York Strip, lobster, original pastas, fresh salads and favorites like Zingers(R) boneless wings and homemade desserts. Our full-service bar features more than 75 beers, plus wine and liquor.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We chose this restaurant when we had no luck finding a parking place anywhere on the beach. So glad we did. The food is very good and the atmosphere is casual-sports bar. We had mahi & grouper, ribs, excellent cole slaw & green beans, and homemade potato chips. All cooked to perfection. The only issue we had was with our server. She was quite thorough and knew her stuff, but she is not the warm-fuzzy type. It took forever to get our food and she was abrupt with us when we asked for things, like she was put out. I bet in a previous life she was an MP on base.

Otherwise a very good restaurant. We will come back.

There are newer reviews for Miller's Ale House

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place has been a hit or miss for us. We have had phenomenal food & service on one day to a very bad experience the very next time. This time was one of those great meal experience. Our waiter, Joey, made sure to make this a great meal. I told him what I wanted (and didn’t want) and he went out of his way to make it right. The Black & Tan poured to the correct levels, appetizers on time, and next drink timed to meet the meal’s arrival. I believe Joey made the difference in making Miller’s out preform normal expectations. Ask for Joey by name, just not when I’m there;)

Brian R, Regional Manager at Miller's Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thanks so much for your awesome comments and please know that we will share them with Joey and all staff!

Brian
Regional Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I love this place when sitting outside. The deck is covered and enjoyable. They have great drink specials sometimes and the food has always been great.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good food and service. Our waitress was sweet and attentive.

I had ribs and they were the usual goodness! My boyfriend had mahi mahi with shrimp and loved it. The funnel cake sticks were delicious for dessert but so greasy my stomach was killing me after!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

First of all, a disclaimer: I like going here and have went to the Orlando restaurant as well as the Destin one, so it hurts to say some of the things that need to be said.

This past week, we went to the Ale House twice. The first time was on a rainy day and post shopping, we got there about 3:00pm for a late lunch and drinks. The management was obviously caught by surprise, as the restaurant was full and there wasn't enough staff. The service was slow, kitchen overwhelmed, and nothing but a brief, "I'm sorry" by the wait staff was offered. We were patient and purchased two extra rounds of drinks (as I said, I do like it here and recommended it to our friends whom we brought there!). My complaint is everyone in the panhandle of Florida knew the weather was going to be iffy on Wednesday, so how could the management not know they would be busier than normal?

We made a return trip there on Friday, just the "guys" to have beers, grab an appetizer or two, and watch some games on tv. Again, they were short staffed and while we sat at the bar, we could see the frustration mounting from the guests at nearby tables. This was a Spring Break week, so who is the one making decisions here? Did you not think it may be busy? Alas, being troopers as we are, we soldiered on and were joined by the ladies at happy hour as we discussed where what our evening dinner plans would be. One of the ladies went to the restrooms and came back with a comment of "no toilet paper and no hand towels". Hmmm, to me, that speaks to inattentive management once again.

I would return with different expectations, but the bloom is off the rose for me in regard to the Ale House (Destin).

Brian R, Manager at Miller's Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

I'm not sure how this review slipped by, but I wanted to thank you for your information as it will be helpful in our growth. While we are pleased that you gave us 2 opportunities the week you were in town, I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received. We will work hard to learn from your feedback.
We hope you will give us another opportunity upon your next trip to Destin.

Brian